Pages (7): 1 2 3 4 5 7   
mkmfpwfan   12-09-2007, 07:45 AM
Abe is my favorite non RJ charactor. I know its way too early to list supporting cast for the movie but my answer for Abe would be Jason Alexander. When Abe appears in the book his face comes up in my imagination. Jason can do the accent. He also close enough to Abe's age for it to work. Plus he needs the work lol-------Mark
This post was last modified: 12-09-2007, 08:07 AM by mkmfpwfan.
Oxenberger   12-09-2007, 12:44 PM
mkmfpwfan Wrote:Abe is my favorite non RJ charactor. I know its way too early to list supporting cast for the movie but my answer for Abe would be Jason Alexander. When Abe appears in the book his face comes up in my imagination. Jason can do the accent. He also close enough to Abe's age for it to work. Plus he needs the work lol-------Mark

How about the guy that had a bit part on the TV show Cheers, and was in the movie Office Space (he was the second of the Bob's.) His name, Paul Willson!! I'll attempt to attach a picture.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

He looks like an Abe to me... How cool is that ?!?

-Ox
phoenix rising   12-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Oxenberger Wrote:How about the guy that had a bit part on the TV show Cheers, and was in the movie Office Space (he was the second of the Bob's.) His name, Paul Willson!! I'll attempt to attach a picture.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

He looks like an Abe to me... How cool is that ?!?

-Ox
He kinda reminds me of Drew Carrey.
Maggers   12-09-2007, 07:51 PM
mkmfpwfan Wrote:Abe is my favorite non RJ charactor. I know its way too early to list supporting cast for the movie but my answer for Abe would be Jason Alexander. When Abe appears in the book his face comes up in my imagination. Jason can do the accent. He also close enough to Abe's age for it to work. Plus he needs the work lol-------Mark

Unfortunately for Jason Alexander, I think he's become SO identified with George Castanza on SEINFELD that it's hard for him to play anything else. Whatever else I've seen him in, he brings what I've come to know as George "tics" to other roles, i.e., his unusual use of his tongue to show disbelief or disagreement, his antziness, and other stuff. I just couldn't see him as Abe because I'd be seeing George Castanza.
This post was last modified: 12-10-2007, 01:03 AM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-09-2007, 09:30 PM

Why not an "unknown?" "Kid, you're gonna take the first bite of that bagel a nobody...you'll feed the last crumb to your parrot...a star!"
webby   12-10-2007, 12:40 AM
I think Judd Hirsch or Rob Reiner would be fablous as Abe. What's Judd up to these days? I'm thinking he'd probably be available. Smile

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sigokat   12-10-2007, 03:43 AM
Maggers Wrote:Whatever else I've seen him in, he brings what I've come to know as George "tics" to other roles, i.e., his unusual use of his tongue to show disbelief or disagreement, his antziness, and other stuff.

Other stuff? Like his ability to be unfunny to the point of annoyance? Wink

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Oxenberger   12-10-2007, 11:31 PM
webby Wrote:I think Judd Hirsch or Rob Reiner would be fablous as Abe. What's Judd up to these days? I'm thinking he'd probably be available. Smile

He plays a father figure on a TV show called "Numb3rs." It airs on CBS, Friday nights at 10.
webby   12-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Oxenberger Wrote:He plays a father figure on a TV show called "Numb3rs." It airs on CBS, Friday nights at 10.

Ha! Thanks, Oxenberger. You can tell how much tv I watch these days. Big Grin

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tenebroust   12-11-2007, 01:01 AM
Oxenberger Wrote:He plays a father figure on a TV show called "Numb3rs." It airs on CBS, Friday nights at 10.

I agree with this one. I think Judd Hirsch would be good, in lieu of a jewish character actor (which is how I picture Abe in my mind).

Make copies for yourself YOU HANGMAN ROPE GANGSTER SCUM-ON-TOP! Laugh your MAD GIGGLE NOW!
Francis E. Dec Esquire
Visit the Official Francis E. Dec fan club at http://www.bentoandstarchky.com

For the politically active you might like my website at:
http://www.platformforthefuture.com/main
Pages (7): 1 2 3 4 5 7