Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Silverfish   12-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:That would be me.

And me.

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
jimbow8   12-03-2007, 09:08 PM
I had read all the AC books (including Nightworld) before there were any other RJ books, so .... no es mi culpa! (sp?)

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
beowulf   12-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:I hear you on that. Me and maybe two or three other members of the RJ board are sticking to our guns and are just going to wait until the Repairman Jack saga is truly OVER before reading that.

Not counting, of course, the "Young Adult Repairman Jack" books. Just his post-Tomb adventures.

I might join this faction!

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-03-2007, 10:21 PM
beowulf Wrote:I might join this faction!

"NIGHTWORLD" SHOWCASES DR. WILSON'S IMAGINATION AT ITS MOST FEVERED. THE GOOD PHYSICIAN HAS NO CONCEPTION OF MY RESOURCES. THE NOVEL'S INTERSECTION WITH YOUR HISTORY WILL BE NIL.--DR. ROMA
This post was last modified: 12-03-2007, 10:24 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Miskatonic & Gin   12-06-2007, 01:13 AM
I read the original Nightworld but I'm currently hanging on (a thread...) waiting for the RPJ books to end (sigh.....) before I read the revised edition.

Cthulhu for President!

Why vote for a lesser evil? I can think of none better than the great old one, who should return from his slumber to take over the U.S. government and make this country a whole hell of a lot better as the leader of our executive branch. Or destroy it and drive everyone insane, kill us all, or something really nasty! Remember, Cthulhu for President, why vote for the lesser of two evils? Wink
mlp   12-10-2007, 12:57 PM
I started reading FPW this summer when I got Midnight Mass in a grab bag at the library. I liked the way the characters were written and I was intrigued by the blurb about RJ on the cover, so I read The Tomb and was immediately hooked. I mean REALLY hooked: I finished Bloodline (and all the RJ books in between) a month ago, and started on AC. I've read The Keep and The Touch and am on Reborn (just got it this weekend, excellent so far!).

But...as soon as I started reading AC, I started asking myself whether or not I should read Nightworld. I REALLY do not want to spoil the ending of RJ, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to stop myself! This stuff is just too good.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-10-2007, 01:06 PM
mlp Wrote:I started reading FPW this summer when I got Midnight Mass in a grab bag at the library. I liked the way the characters were written and I was intrigued by the blurb about RJ on the cover, so I read The Tomb and was immediately hooked. I mean REALLY hooked: I finished Bloodline (and all the RJ books in between) a month ago, and started on AC. I've read The Keep and The Touch and am on Reborn (just got it this weekend, excellent so far!).

But...as soon as I started reading AC, I started asking myself whether or not I should read Nightworld. I REALLY do not want to spoil the ending of RJ, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to stop myself! This stuff is just too good.

For the love of Christ, mlp, why =not=? Just good readin! Hell, I'll tell you the ending. See, what happens is
THE ENDING WILL BE CHANGED, LINDNER. A MORE INTERERESTING FINALE FOR ALL INVOLVED.--DR. ROMA
mlp   12-10-2007, 01:56 PM
As I'm reading Reborn, I kind of know what is going on since I know from RJ that (spoiler? highlight to read) Rasalom was re-born in 1960's Monroe, right? I don't think this has lessenned my enjoyment of the book, but still...I'm not sure if I want to find out that Jack is going to win/lose in the end yet.

So, to all those who read Nightworld before Bloodline (or any other RJ): While reading the new RJ, were you wishing that you had waited?
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-10-2007, 02:08 PM
mlp Wrote:As I'm reading Reborn, I kind of know what is going on since I know from RJ that (spoiler? highlight to read) Rasalom was re-born in 1960's Monroe, right? I don't think this has lessenned my enjoyment of the book, but still...I'm not sure if I want to find out that Jack is going to win/lose in the end yet.

So, to all those who read Nightworld before Bloodline (or any other RJ): While reading the new RJ, were you wishing that you had waited?

Naw! If you like Paul's fiction--and if you're reading this, you like it a lot--you'll read whatever you can get your mitts on. And when you've enjoyed everything published so far...well, there's always Nora Roberts!Cool
Scott Miller   12-10-2007, 02:52 PM
mlp Wrote:As I'm reading Reborn, I kind of know what is going on since I know from RJ that (spoiler? highlight to read) Rasalom was re-born in 1960's Monroe, right? I don't think this has lessenned my enjoyment of the book, but still...I'm not sure if I want to find out that Jack is going to win/lose in the end yet.

As someone who has read Nightworld(not the revised edition, however), I'd say it has no impact on my enjoyment of the RJ books.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Pages (3):    1 2 3