RepairmanJack.com Forums
When to read Nightworld... - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: When to read Nightworld... (/thread-2599.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

When to read Nightworld... - beowulf - 11-29-2007

I started reading the "Jack" saga last year and I've read all the books to day (and loved them). I know "Nightworld" is pretty much the final chapter in the whole story so I have avoided reading it - plus, I hear it is hard to come by. I am very curious about the book though, so i guess my question is this: should I read it when I can get a copy, or allow FPW to continue the adventures of Jack and read them as they come until their timeline intersects with that of "Nightworld"?

When to read Nightworld... - Kenji - 11-29-2007

beowulf Wrote:I started reading the "Jack" saga last year and I've read all the books to day (and loved them). I know "Nightworld" is pretty much the final chapter in the whole story so I have avoided reading it - plus, I hear it is hard to come by. I am very curious about the book though, so i guess my question is this: should I read it when I can get a copy, or allow FPW to continue the adventures of Jack and read them as they come until their timeline intersects with that of "Nightworld"?

beowulf,

Surely NIGHTWORLD is the final chapter in the AC and RJ series. But if you read already all AC(include THE TOUCH), you can read NIGHTWOLD without problem.

When to read Nightworld... - Scott Miller - 11-29-2007

Kenji Wrote:beowulf,

Surely NIGHTWORLD is the final chapter in the AC and RJ series. But if you read already all AC(include THE TOUCH), you can read NIGHTWOLD without problem.

I was just about to say that I wouldn't read it without first having read the non-RJ Adversary Cycle books. They would be The Keep, The Touch, Reborn, & Reprisal.

When to read Nightworld... - beowulf - 11-29-2007

Scott Miller Wrote:I was just about to say that I wouldn't read it without first having read the non-RJ Adversary Cycle books. They would be The Keep, The Touch, Reborn, & Reprisal.

Thanks guys. I have already read "The Keep". I will have to read the others during my break. It gives me some more FPW to look forward to!

When to read Nightworld... - Kenji - 11-30-2007

beowulf Wrote:Thanks guys. I have already read "The Keep". I will have to read the others during my break. It gives me some more FPW to look forward to!

Enjoy! Wink

When to read Nightworld... - Barry Lee Dejasu - 11-30-2007

beowulf Wrote:I started reading the "Jack" saga last year and I've read all the books to day (and loved them). I know "Nightworld" is pretty much the final chapter in the whole story so I have avoided reading it

I hear you on that. Me and maybe two or three other members of the RJ board are sticking to our guns and are just going to wait until the Repairman Jack saga is truly OVER before reading that.

Not counting, of course, the "Young Adult Repairman Jack" books. Just his post-Tomb adventures.

When to read Nightworld... - Kenji - 11-30-2007

Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:I hear you on that. Me and maybe two or three other members of the RJ board are sticking to our guns and are just going to wait until the Repairman Jack saga is truly OVER before reading that.

Not counting, of course, the "Young Adult Repairman Jack" books. Just his post-Tomb adventures.

LOL Don't point your gun to me, Barry! I already read NIGHTWORLD. :p

When to read Nightworld... - Keith the Elder - 11-30-2007

Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:I hear you on that. Me and maybe two or three other members of the RJ board are sticking to our guns and are just going to wait until the Repairman Jack saga is truly OVER before reading that.

That would be me.

When to read Nightworld... - GunslingerAW - 11-30-2007

I have read all the Jack books and all the AC books and most of fpw's other stuff. So far, Nightworld is my favorite.

When to read Nightworld... - luthie2 - 11-30-2007

Keith the Elder Wrote:That would be me.

I read the original Nightworld before any of the non-Tomb Jack books (and before I knew the AC existed). A friend had lent me The Keep, The Tomb and Nightworld. I read all three and became hooked.

There are several times when I had wished that I hadn't read Nightworld first because of the knowledge that I shouldn't have while reading some of the Jack books.

I'm holding off on reading the revised copy of Nightworld until after the Jack books. Right now it's holding an honored place on my FPW bookshelf. Smile

-Luthie