Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
ccosborne3   11-26-2007, 03:38 AM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D

As usual, your response to this post by AC says more about you than it does about the movie. Can't you stop your flaming at least till the end of the holidays? And how do you respond to your giving away the ending to The Mist? Tell you what. Flame AC one more time and you and me got a problem. Got it? Now apologize.

I'm getting the giggles from this one. Better looooookout Maggers. Watch your back. Don't make any long term plans. If you have any unused vacation time you oughta take it now. Life insurance paid up? Smile
ccosborne3   11-26-2007, 03:41 AM
saynomore Wrote:Steve got a little crazy here. He's a little overprotective. He still talks bad about Aphew. I'll talk to him. Try to keep in mind, he's just a kid. Sorry again.

AC

P.S. This is the problem with grudge-carrying people. Things get out of control.

No sweat. Nobodies worrying about Steve. Wink
Tony H   11-26-2007, 11:00 AM
I had tickets for this movie and made the mistake of reading all the threads prior to the spoiler post. Instead of immersing myself in this haunting and violent film I kept waiting for the bottom to drop out. Based on Saynomore's thread I knew fully what to expect. It did detract from the viewing experience.

While he did post "Spoliers. Little ones" the spoiler was quite a biggie. I can see where he tried to make it as general as possible but there is really only one way to read it and it did give away the ending.

But what an awesome film! I found it dark, funny and more horrifying than any horror movie out there.

The oscar buzz is well deserved.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
saynomore   11-27-2007, 02:05 AM
AsMoral Wrote:
I had tickets for this movie and made the mistake of reading all the threads prior to the spoiler post. Instead of immersing myself in this haunting and violent film I kept waiting for the bottom to drop out. Based on Saynomore's thread I knew fully what to expect. It did detract from the viewing experience.

While he did post "Spoliers. Little ones" the spoiler was quite a biggie. I can see where he tried to make it as general as possible but there is really only one way to read it and it did give away the ending.

But what an awesome film! I found it dark, funny and more horrifying than any horror movie out there.

The oscar buzz is well deserved.

Well, there we have it. The consensus says my post was a spoiler. Aren't these sorts of posts edited by admin when the spoiler is blatent? Can't the words "little ones" be deleted for the sake of harmony on this board? Steve is foaming at the mouth.

:eek:
AC

P.S. But what did you think of the ending? Seriously. How did the audience you watch the movie with respond?
ccosborne3   11-27-2007, 07:37 AM
saynomore Wrote:Well, there we have it. The consensus says my post was a spoiler. Aren't these sorts of posts edited by admin when the spoiler is blatent? Can't the words "little ones" be deleted for the sake of harmony on this board? Steve is foaming at the mouth.

:eek:
AC

P.S. But what did you think of the ending? Seriously. How did the audience you watch the movie with respond?

It was a vague spoiler at best. You guys are worrying too much about small stuff. Now that Tony has supplied much needed independent verification we can all go back to leading our normally happy and quiet lives. Wink

I saw the movie yesterday at a matinee. Oldest crowd I've ever seen for a relevant film. No young people and almost no women. Nobody booed or anything but the theater was only a quarter full, you only get crowd dynamics if you're near capacity. The old folks cleared thier throats alot though. Ahhhhhhrrghhhemmm. It was annoying. They should bring some Vicks with them.

The movie itself was great all the way around. I'm afraid that I might of seen a bad print of the film, with the Cohens storytelling it's hard to tell. At one point it felt like the action jumped ahead and a vital scene was left out ala Grindhouse. Was the mother in law shown dying on screen somehow? I'll have to see it again at a different theater to be sure (I'll bring my dad, he'll fit right in).
bones weep tedium   11-27-2007, 07:44 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:It was a vague spoiler at best. You guys are worrying too much about small stuff. Now that Tony has supplied much needed independent verification we can all go back to leading our normally happy and quiet lives. Wink

I saw the movie yesterday at a matinee. Oldest crowd I've ever seen for a relevant film. No young people and almost no women. Nobody booed or anything but the theater was only a quarter full, you only get crowd dynamics if you're near capacity. The old folks cleared thier throats alot though. Ahhhhhhrrghhhemmm. It was annoying. They should bring some Vicks with them.

The movie itself was great all the way around. I'm afraid that I might of seen a bad print of the film, with the Cohens storytelling it's hard to tell. At one point it felt like the action jumped ahead and a vital scene was left out ala Grindhouse. Was the mother in law shown dying on screen somehow? I'll have to see it again at a different theater to be sure (I'll bring my dad, he'll fit right in).

No such thing as a vague spoiler, ccos Wink

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Maggers   11-27-2007, 12:54 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Originally Posted by ccosborne3
It was a vague spoiler at best. You guys are worrying too much about small stuff. Now that Tony has supplied much needed independent verification we can all go back to leading our normally happy and quiet lives.

No. It was "offscreen" in the book as well.

P.S. Unless someone alerts the Queens via PM or email and asks specifically, they won't change anything. That's been my experience.
This post was last modified: 11-28-2007, 02:27 PM by Lisa.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Scott Miller   11-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Maggers Wrote:No. It was "offscreen" in the book as well.

P.S. Unless someone alerts the Queens via PM or email and asks specifically, they won't change anything. That's been my experience.

He can always edit his own post though.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
saynomore   11-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:He can always edit his own post though.

Took your sage advice and edited my post.

AC

P.S. Under psychological protest, mind you. Wink
ccosborne3   11-27-2007, 11:59 PM
saynomore Wrote:Only smart people will understand how it's a spoiler, so pat yourself on the back if you figured out the ending based on my post.

Attaboy! Way to man up. Wink

I'm not all that familiar with you but how many years of Grad school do you have to put in to reach that level of smarmy smugness? I'd guess at least two.
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6