Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 7   
Biggles   07-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:For those of us who can't read Japanese, (and it's likely there's only one individual on this board who can -- right Kenji? Wink ) we'd never know the difference.

Don't forget Son of Biggles--He'd better be able to read it after 8 years of study! Big Grin

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Biggles   07-21-2007, 10:40 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I'm very proud of the community that has grown here. I, um, enjoy it immensely.[/SIZE]

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. No question of that!

Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Paul R Wrote:A similar (but by no means as serious) story....
When Wifey and I bought our house, we got it from two ladies, one of whom was a feng shui consultant, with her office decked out in feng shui wallpaper. She swore by this feng shui business, going so far as to drawing up each of us a feng shui plan. (Perhaps we should have guessed at this stage as to how clueless she was - according to her calculations, Wifey should have been sleeping in the east of the house and I had to sleep in the west!.... then again, maybe she was rightRolleyes !)
Anyway, a few weeks later, we had Wifey's brother and his wife over to stay. His wife speaks fluent Chinese. She took one look at the feng shui wallpaper in the office and pulled me aside to tell me that it was hung upside down.
Although on the surface it's a funny story, the sad thing is that people paid (and still pay, as far as I know) for her feng shui services.

That's great, Paul!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Biggles Wrote:Where do you come up with these ideas? Either you have an overactive imagination or...maybe you need a hobby? :p

Why, Biggles, my hobbies are reading, music, and writing lyrics. And in my long-ago, mostly-forgotten youth, a steady diet of acid and Dylan. How could any of those create "an overactive imagination?":confused:Ah-deer don't make a whole lotta sense to me...
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Blake Wrote:You can always say the "black wind" blew it over. Smile

Blake

Haw! Nice point, Blake!
Biggles   07-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Why, Biggles, my hobbies are reading, music, and writing lyrics. And in my long-ago, mostly-forgotten youth, a steady diet of acid and Dylan. How could any of those create "an overactive imagination?":confused:Ah-deer don't make a whole lotta sense to me...

Hmmm. That accounts for your "acid wit". :p

fpw   07-23-2007, 01:27 PM
[SIZE="3"]Just signed the BLACK WIND tip-in sheets on the way home from NECon. They fully expect to be shipping mid-August.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-23-2007, 01:36 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Just signed the BLACK WIND tip-in sheets on the way home from NECon. They fully expect to be shipping mid-August.[/SIZE]

Just to warm yer heart, Paul--I shortlisted 2 copies of VIRGIN to snuggle up on the fiction shelf at me place of work. And they arrived. And both sold!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Biggles Wrote:Hmmm. That accounts for your "acid wit". :p

Or my "microdot mentality."

HEY FOLKS--PLEASE GIVE 'EM A BIG HAND! JUDGE BIGGLES AND BLUESMAN MIKE--BACK ON STAGE TOGETHER AGAIN! THEY'LL BE BACK AFTER A SHORT BREAK! THEY'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK! BUT NOW--TO CONTINUE YOUR ENTERTAINMENT PLEASURE--PLEASE HELP ME WELCOME THE INCREDIBLE TOPO GIGIO!
Kenji   07-23-2007, 05:40 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Just signed the BLACK WIND tip-in sheets on the way home from NECon. They fully expect to be shipping mid-August.[/SIZE]

That's good news! Smile

So, how was Kanji on the cover? Everything is okay?
Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 7