Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Lisa   06-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Hey, Biggles said "Effy." It's all legal-like now!
Keith the Elder   06-28-2007, 11:42 PM
BK Akitas Wrote:I love my limited signed 1sts, they will never be posted for sale, just have them so I can say MINE!

I didn't shell out bucks for Bloodline, I was one of the lucky ones who happeend to catch a timely post for reading an ACR and then shipped it off to another rabid reader for free (hey fish ain't that book there yet??????????)))

Well, said rabid reader hasn't posted to forward it on. So I call dibs right now.

PM me Rabid reader!

k the e

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
BK Akitas   06-29-2007, 12:55 AM
Keith the Elder Wrote:Well, said rabid reader hasn't posted to forward it on. So I call dibs right now.

PM me Rabid reader!

k the e

talk to silverfish, i sent it to her, but apparently she ain't got it yet. the gummy mint saw fit to charge me for it twice to send it across the border, I guess now the works of fpw are considered contraband or something.....

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Auskar   06-29-2007, 02:28 AM
I just like reading the book, not real interested in signatures or first editions unless it is a book I would want to keep forever -- as many of you do (so it makes sense).

I'll pay for a hardcover if I like the author, though. I figure that is a way for him to earn a little bit more on the book and it's only fair. Good authors who write good stories deserve more.
Vargas   06-29-2007, 10:51 AM
I'll gladly pay hardcover prices for my favorite authors (Mr. Wilson being one of them) but $66 bucks for a limited edition signed copy that comes out 4 months BEFORE the regular edition is silly. Release them both at the same time and if you're a hardcore collector you'll buy the Limited Edition if not, then buy the standard hardcover.

I certainly don't mind the author making as much money as possible. I just think to release them 4 or 5 motnhs apart is ridiculous.
topol_sheap   06-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Hey I really don't agree with that. I buy the limiteds when they come out, and one of the perks is that I get it 4 months earlier. I'm not being rude but, if you want it that early shell out the money, and stop complaining... after all it's only a 4 month wait.

as for selling, I really regret selling my ltd haunted air last year, but I needed the money to get a bigger deposit for my house... and now I don't even have the paperback - boooo hooooo
fpw   06-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Vargas Wrote:I just think to release them 4 or 5 motnhs apart is ridiculous.
[SIZE="3"]Allow me to lighten your burden of confusion about the realities of the publishing biz. The pipeline for a major trade publisher is a year long. Mine already has its Summer 2008 catalog at the printer.

Small presses can be much more agile. Both publishers received the ms. at the same time. Gauntlet jumps out early because it doesn't want any question about whether or not its pricey edition is a true first edition.

I hope that enlightens you. As for me, I'm off to sneak up on the udder of some unsuspecting reader.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Marc   06-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Vargas Wrote:I'll gladly pay hardcover prices for my favorite authors (Mr. Wilson being one of them) but $66 bucks for a limited edition signed copy that comes out 4 months BEFORE the regular edition is silly. Release them both at the same time and if you're a hardcore collector you'll buy the Limited Edition if not, then buy the standard hardcover.

So by your logic they should release the hardcover and paperbacks on the same day too?
webby   06-29-2007, 11:53 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Allow me to lighten your burden of confusion about the realities of the publishing biz. The pipeline for a major trade publisher is a year long. Mine already has its Summer 2008 catalog at the printer.

Small presses can be much more agile. Both publishers received the ms. at the same time. Gauntlet jumps out early because it doesn't want any question about whether or not its pricey edition is a true first edition.

I hope that enlightens you. As for me, I'm off to sneak up on the udder of some unsuspecting reader.[/SIZE]

[Image: roflmao-1.gif]

Sneaking or not, there are a lot of us that would bawl like unmilked cows if we couldn't get our special editions.

When a special edition arrives in the mail you can bet we're having fun till... oh, you know. Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scott Hajek   06-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Collector's editions are for collectors. Mass Market editions are for the mass market. Simple.

I am a collector. Not quite "obsessive" but more of a completist. I want to own and read everything written by a few authors, but I don't need each and every possible incarnation of a story. A short in an anthology is fine, but the original magazine print, the foreign magazine print and the multi-writer anthology are all unnecessary. Also with the novels... I only need the hardcover first edition. I don't need the mass market edition, the German version, the Japanese version, the reprint edition, the anniversary edition (unless it is updated, revised and considered the "definitive edition).

But, to answer the thread question: Bloodline isn't $80... it's "priceless."

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4