Pages (8):    1 2 3 4 5 8   
luthie2   07-03-2007, 01:46 PM
BK Akitas Wrote:POSSIBLE SPOILERS.......

and the Kickers may not be wiling to take their marching orders from ole Rassyface. Hank told them to get Dawn, they have thousands of Kickers looking, and when they get a lead on her they may act. Semmelee didn't want to be a team player either so the Otherness isn't in as much control as Rassyface likes to think.

I agree - the big question in my mind is: Was Jonah looking to create a child of a pure bloodline to help Rasolom, or someone who he thought could replace him?

Oh, I love this! Smile

-Luthie
Susan   07-03-2007, 02:59 PM
BK Akitas Wrote:POSSIBLE SPOILERS.......

when some people get a 'psychic vibaration'; it's a visions. others just seem to hear things or know..so to me its obvious that Kicker and Q'qr are one and the same., and I agree with an earlier post that the Q'qr/pronounced Kicker is indeed the What that our obvious Who is going to morph into in Nightworld.

Hey, you're right! That hadn't occurred to me. Hmm.....

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
fpw   07-03-2007, 04:49 PM
luthie2 Wrote:I agree - the big question in my mind is: Was Jonah looking to create a child of a pure bloodline to help Rasolom, or someone who he thought could replace him?

Oh, I love this! Smile

-Luthie

[SIZE="3"]I hope y'all know who Jonah is.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Amon   07-03-2007, 06:07 PM
After reading the revised Nightworld, it just suddenly occured to me what the Q'qr might represent. Thanks to the person who posted about this above, as it brought my thoughts into focus.

In the meantime, I can't wait till Jack finally breaks down and tells Gia the whole story about her and Vicky's "accident."
BK Akitas   07-04-2007, 03:33 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I hope y'all know who Jonah is.[/SIZE]

the obvious answer is Rasalom himself, but daddy didn't leave his boys with the clearest picture of exactly what it was they were supposed to accomplish once they got her preggers.
Rassyface has made many appearances in with different looks and even was a Ms. Aralo once. Dude gets around. I think I dated him once.

I can't recall any other characters in the series that would meet the description for Jonah, but if we all need an intellectual boot to the head by all means, kick away. Better than sneaking up on our unsuspecting udders.

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Ken Valentine   07-04-2007, 03:47 AM
BK Akitas Wrote:the obvious answer is Rasalom himself, but daddy didn't leave his boys with the clearest picture of exactly what it was they were supposed to accomplish once they got her preggers.
Rassyface has made many appearances in with different looks and even was a Ms. Aralo once. Dude gets around. I think I dated him once.

I can't recall any other characters in the series that would meet the description for Jonah, but if we all need an intellectual boot to the head by all means, kick away. Better than sneaking up on our unsuspecting udders.

[size="5"]SPOILER![/size]

Jonah is a character in REBORN, and REPRISAL. The father of Carol's husband Jim.

And the "kicker" symbol seems to me to represent the physical shape of the "chrysalis" Rasalom takes on when he grows into his new form in NIGHTWORLD.

Ken V.
This post was last modified: 07-04-2007, 03:50 AM by Ken Valentine.
Susan   07-04-2007, 09:37 AM
fpw Wrote:I hope y'all know who Jonah is.

Yessir, I rightly do.

Wonder if the grass will die when Dawn sits on it. That's what happened with Carol. That always creeped me out! LOL

It's the Kicker symbol I'm still trying to figure out.

ken valentine Wrote:And the "kicker" symbol seems to me to represent the physical shape of the "chrysalis" Rasalom takes on when he grows into his new form in NIGHTWORLD.

That's an intriguing possibility, Ken.

BTW, got the book you sent! Thanks so much. Big Grin When I finish the book I'm reading now, I'll read that one.

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
luthie2   07-04-2007, 12:08 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I hope y'all know who Jonah is.[/SIZE]

Sure do. Did a double-take when I first saw his name come up in this book. Wonder if this is what made R take the action that he did in Reprisal, or if the strengthening of the bloodline was part of R's plan all along. Can't wait to find out!

Thanks for another fantastic ride in the Repairman Jack world! Smile

-Luthie
BK Akitas   07-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:
[size="5"]SPOILER![/size]

Jonah is a character in REBORN, and REPRISAL. The father of Carol's husband Jim.

Ken V.

I've been outed as the last boardie who hasn't read Reborn and Reprisal. I admit it. Now I swear I've read everything else by FPW but I never got to those two (I even own a hardcover first of Black Wind which was a lucky snarf).
Now I gotta find a bookseller open on independence day to get them and catch up.
No no, no need to beat me for this, I'll give myself forty lashes for this oversight.

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
luthie2   07-04-2007, 08:15 PM
luthie2 Wrote:Sure do. Did a double-take when I first saw his name come up in this book. Wonder if this is what made R take the action that he did in Reprisal, or if the strengthening of the bloodline was part of R's plan all along. Can't wait to find out!

Thanks for another fantastic ride in the Repairman Jack world! Smile

-Luthie

Ooops! Looks like I should have read the chapbook before I originally posted. Got the answer I was looking for. (Love those chapbooks!)

My bad.

-Luthie
Pages (8):    1 2 3 4 5 8