Pages (3):    1 2 3
Kenji   01-20-2008, 05:45 AM
Today I saw 28 Weeks Later.

It had a lot of scary scenes. Sometimes I jumped up from seat. First, infected people scared me. But, then, I felt NATO is scary than infected people. Soldiers tried to kill the people driving car! Clearly they're not infected people!

Civilization's collapse took 28 Days. Civilization's reconstruction took 28 weeks. But this time, civilization's collapse took one night......

How our civilization is fragile!
Kenji   01-20-2008, 05:55 AM
law dawg Wrote:Spoilers

Problem two - the dad should not have had access to the hospital room, I don't care how good a mechanic or super he was, that are would be waaaaaay off limits to him, especially given the patient and its condition. You don't think there would have been an armed guard?

I agree. But if that scene wasn't there, thar movie would end within 60 minutes! :p
metllicamilitia   01-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Well I just saw this last night, I liked it, I liked it more than the first one, but I saw that quite a while ago.

[SIZE="6"]*****SPOILERS*****[/SIZE]

A couple problems I had with it, were the fact that the mother survived in the first place when the "zombies" eat the people. That's another thing, they aren't really zombies, which makes it a better movie. It just a virus that makes them rage and they become focused on that. It's zombie without "true" zombies. I had a problem with the car scene too and being able to get into the hospital room. I also had a problem with how long it took the dad to change. Everyone gets bit, they fall down and jump back up with the virus working. That dad got bit and screamed for about 3 minutes before falling down for about another minute and then jumping up with the virus working. I was able to get past these while watching the movie, I've learned to do that, I don't like analyzing movies while watching them because then they aren't entertaining anymore.

"And the rain will kill us all, we throw ourselves against the wall, but no else can see, the preservation of the martyr in me" - [B]Corey Taylor
---------------------------------------------------
[/B]"I, am a worm before I am a man, I, was a creature before I could stand, I, will remember before I forget, before I forget this" - [B]Corey Taylor
---------------------------------------------------
[/B]"Dead visions in your name, dead fingers in my veins, dead memories in my heart" - Corey Taylor
RichE   01-22-2008, 11:35 AM
As I stated earlier-why weren't British in charge (I can't believe every British soldier in creation were on the isles when infection took place) or at least Canadians or Australians? Also the idea of moving a civie population back to Britain (esp. London) so soon-c'mon-the place is full of several million bodies, a rat infestation that would grow not to mention plague. If the story took place 5 years later that would have made more sense (as well as placing the action in small towns or a small city in the country).
Sigokat   01-22-2008, 11:46 AM
RichE Wrote:As I stated earlier-why weren't British in charge (I can't believe every British soldier in creation were on the isles when infection took place) or at least Canadians or Australians? Also the idea of moving a civie population back to Britain (esp. London) so soon-c'mon-the place is full of several million bodies, a rat infestation that would grow not to mention plague. If the story took place 5 years later that would have made more sense (as well as placing the action in small towns or a small city in the country).

What does it matter which government was in charge? Would the outcome have been any different if it was Canadians or Austrailians in charge?

Also, it had to be 28 weeks later because if it wasn't then they couldn't have such a cool and recognizable title to grab viewers and sell tickets and popcorn! Big Grin

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
RichE   01-22-2008, 01:16 PM
sigokat Wrote:What does it matter which government was in charge? Would the outcome have been any different if it was Canadians or Austrailians in charge?

Also, it had to be 28 weeks later because if it wasn't then they couldn't have such a cool and recognizable title to grab viewers and sell tickets and popcorn! Big Grin

Well, Canada and Australia are part of the British Commonwealth. It would stand to reason that remaining British troops, with Canadians and Australians would have first jurisdiction (backed by NATO). As for the other points-granted, good sequel marketing but logic totally out of the window!
Sigokat   01-22-2008, 03:12 PM
RichE Wrote:Well, Canada and Australia are part of the British Commonwealth. It would stand to reason that remaining British troops, with Canadians and Australians would have first jurisdiction (backed by NATO). As for the other points-granted, good sequel marketing but logic totally out of the window!

Hmmm...point taken, but then you wouldn't get to see our new cool ACUs in action! (For some reason they always look better in the movies then they do in real life...lol) or Hollywood's interpretation of our Delta Force either. Its so accurate its uncanny. Rolleyes

Switching sarcasm off.

Yes logic totally out the window on the on this one. I'll be interested to see I Am Legend when it comes available on DVD (I'm resisting the bootleg copy only because I want to see a good version of it) and I'm reading the book right now as well.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
RichE   01-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Check out "The Last Man On Earth" starring Vincent Price-its closest version to the book. By the way, I have to laugh on this one. It appears that "Last Man" when Public Domain and afterwards, Image put out the WS laserdisc. Now the media is flooded with new WS digital restored copies of the film thanks to Image!
Pages (3):    1 2 3