RepairmanJack.com Forums
28 Weeks Later - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: 28 Weeks Later (/thread-2321.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

28 Weeks Later - law dawg - 05-12-2007

Run, don't walk, to go see this movie.

Sequel to 28 Days Later and it rocks just as much. No one I know has seen this yet (the wife was working - she drags me to The Hills Have Eyes 2 and she gets a pass on this? Go figure) and I'm dying to talk to someone about my take on it....

28 Weeks Later - Kenji - 05-12-2007

law dawg Wrote:Run, don't walk, to go see this movie.

Well, when the time has come, I'll run to a theatre. I'm waiting for it!

law dawg Wrote:Sequel to 28 Days Later and it rocks just as much. No one I know has seen this yet (the wife was working - she drags me to The Hills Have Eyes 2 and she gets a pass on this? Go figure) and I'm dying to talk to someone about my take on it....

No spoiler pleeeeease! Wink

28 Weeks Later - outlanders - 05-13-2007

My wife and I just got back from seeing this movie.

In-Frakin'-Tense!

I won't post any spoilers, so don't fret.

28 Weeks Later is a zombie horror movie, make no mistakes about it. We all know the basic premise behind it. A virus infects people in seconds, making them homicidal. It spreads like wildfire... it takes only one infected to start a catastrophic cascade that grows exponentially.

Britian has been declared safe, as those who were infected starved to death, and the long auderous process of repopulating London, and then the rest of the country begins.

This movie deals with loss, the will to survive, and sacrifice. What we will do at times to survive brings out the worst in us all.

A horror flick, to be certain, but not in the blood and guts aspect of horror (however, be warned, there is plenty of that if you're into that sort of thing), but instead in the horror of decisions that are made.

28 weeks later has all these elements. We make decisions that we have to live with every day, but this movie takes those decisions to the extreme.

A social commentary? Eh, I don't think so, not like what we've seen in the past. Maybe others might see it as such, but I didn't.

Sequels need to bring something new to the screen, to the canon of the franchise. 28 Weeks Later does so, in a very heart-rending way. Not literally, of course, but emotionally.

And, as one would fully expect, it has been left open for a sequel.

Visually, it was quite stunning. The combat, without giving away any spoilers, was well done. The gore was sickeningly realistic (the one aspect that I didn't like about the movie), and the acting was believable.

Although it's been 30 minutes since I left the theater, my heart is still pounding from the intensity of the movie, and it's left me with a tension headache. I didn't find it scary, but it was one viscerally intense movie. Others might find it scary, and I wouldn't recommend allowing younger teens to watch it.

Overall, I give it a 4 out of 5.

28 Weeks Later - Auskar - 05-13-2007

I knew there was something coming out this weekend. I'll go see it tomorrow. I liked 28 Days Later very much. I thought it was cool when the zombies started sprinting instead of just shuffling along. Zombies that can run!

28 Weeks Later - Kenji - 05-13-2007

Auskar Wrote:I knew there was something coming out this weekend. I'll go see it tomorrow. I liked 28 Days Later very much. I thought it was cool when the zombies started sprinting instead of just shuffling along. Zombies that can run!

In "The Return of the Living Dead", zombies ran! That was hilarious! Big Grin

28 Weeks Later - Auskar - 05-13-2007

I always get excited by going to the movies because that is also the day I allow myself to go to Fatburger. Ooh-rah!

28 Weeks Later - Oblivion - 05-14-2007

Personally, I had trouble getting past some of the larger plot holes (not gonna get into it unless we start talking spoilers). The action was intense and it's well worth seeing, but only if you can turn your brain off for a couple hours.

28 Weeks Later - Auskar - 05-14-2007

Oblivion Wrote:Personally, I had trouble getting past some of the larger plot holes (not gonna get into it unless we start talking spoilers). The action was intense and it's well worth seeing, but only if you can turn your brain off for a couple hours.
Yeah, I didn't think it was all that great. Good, interesting, okay -- but not as good as I expected it to be.

28 Weeks Later - law dawg - 05-14-2007

Oblivion Wrote:Personally, I had trouble getting past some of the larger plot holes (not gonna get into it unless we start talking spoilers). The action was intense and it's well worth seeing, but only if you can turn your brain off for a couple hours.
There were two things I had a hard time getting past. Other than that I thought it pretty much well spent money, which I have a hard time justifying these days.....

28 Weeks Later - saynomore - 05-14-2007

Saw it. Liked it. Liked it much better than part one, which I saw last night to ready myself for part two.

Not much to say without spoilers.

However, there are parallels between New London in the film and New Iraq at the metaphorical level.

I'll be back when the spoilers start appearing. Much to discuss here.

Love multi-layered movies.

AC

P.S. Note the use of darkness and brightness in the movie: very ironic.