Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Oblivion   05-15-2007, 01:38 PM
law dawg Wrote:There were two things I had a hard time getting past. Other than that I thought it pretty much well spent money, which I have a hard time justifying these days.....

We're probably both sticking on the same scenes. I agree, it was worth seeing, just if the viewer is anything like I normally am (a bad, bad armchair critic of writing am I), they will come away shaking their heads. I'm a firm believer in the same set of rules for writing scripts or screenplays as should be applied to evil overlords...show the finished product to an average five year old child. Any flaws the child notices should be corrected immediately. :p
The Mad American   05-17-2007, 10:45 AM
I am with Law Dawg on this one. I really really enjoyed this movie. Yeah there are some plot holes but I really had no problem getting by them.

Understand, I loved the first movie. Thought it had a much stronger social commentary slant to it but this movie does in some aspects as well just not as much I think.

Back to this movie, there where a couple moments in this movie that have the "gut punch" factor to them. I won't go into detail but man, there where two times in the movie that I felt as if I had been hammered in the stomach emotionally (and thats a good thing since evoking a strong emotional reaction based on a characters actions, not on gore or crossing the line, is a rare thing for me in movies anymore).

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Ashe   05-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Without getting into spoilers...

Was anyone other than me thinking to themselves that the "Code Red" scenario was asking for trouble, before that trouble showed up?

After the movie I spent 20 minutes explaining to my friend how the army could have avoided the whole situation.
Oblivion   05-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Ashe Wrote:Without getting into spoilers...

Was anyone other than me thinking to themselves that the "Code Red" scenario was asking for trouble, before that trouble showed up?

After the movie I spent 20 minutes explaining to my friend how the army could have avoided the whole situation.

This, and the scene with the car.
The Mad American   05-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Oblivion Wrote:This, and the scene with the car.

Yeah that was the big one but still, no problem for me. The Code Red wasn't near as big as this one.

Very minor spoiler

Anyone else notice that in the previews that where shown on television for this movie that the Delta sniper guy who is pushing the car winks at the kids inside but the wink never showed up in the movie?

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Auskar   05-18-2007, 07:15 PM
I liked 28 Days Later, probably mostly because it was a different kind of zombie story. 28 Weeks Later just seemed stupid to me, and I couldn't get past that enough to actually enjoy the movie.
law dawg   05-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Oblivion Wrote:This, and the scene with the car.
Spoilers

The car scene. He should have come out, popped the guys, then rolled the car. Shazam.

Problem two - the dad should not have had access to the hospital room, I don't care how good a mechanic or super he was, that are would be waaaaaay off limits to him, especially given the patient and its condition. You don't think there would have been an armed guard?

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
Oblivion   05-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Spoilers again.

Last time I checked, a shirt over the mouth and nose doesn't stop military grade chemical weapons. They should all have died.
Auskar   05-18-2007, 08:33 PM
See above? Stupidity in abundance in that movie! And they're just beginning.
law dawg   05-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Oblivion Wrote:Spoilers again.

Last time I checked, a shirt over the mouth and nose doesn't stop military grade chemical weapons. They should all have died.
Actually it depends on the chemical. It certainly won't for long. But a couple of minutes? Maybe.

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
Pages (3):    1 2 3