Pages (2):    1 2
bones weep tedium   12-19-2007, 06:32 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:That's kind of harsh Kenji. I think Zombie might be able to pull it off. I like Malcolm McDowell playing the Doc. I liked the flaky skin on the mask. I've seen the original more than a few times and it looks like the remake is going to be very faithful.

Give it a shot.

What's the point in a faithful remake?

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
ccosborne3   12-19-2007, 09:13 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:What's the point in a faithful remake?

How many times do I have to ignore this question? Wink
ccosborne3   12-19-2007, 09:21 AM
A remake should remain faithful to the original source material but add enough wrinkles to make the viewing experience new and fresh. Shot for shot remakes like Psycho or The Omen added nothing new and couldn't ever hope to match up with the originals.
RichE   12-19-2007, 10:28 AM
I saw it on the net - I didn't care for it.
bones weep tedium   12-19-2007, 10:53 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:A remake should remain faithful to the original source material but add enough wrinkles to make the viewing experience new and fresh. Shot for shot remakes like Psycho or The Omen added nothing new and couldn't ever hope to match up with the originals.

. . . but add just a few more wrinkles and you'd have a whole new film! Wink One you didnt already know the ending of Rolleyes

Shot-for-shot remakes are pointless, and make people moan. "It's EXACTLY the same as the original!"

Radical changes to storylines/characters make people moan. "It's nothing like the original, they just stole the name to make people watch it!"

I wonder why these remakes remain so popular, at the same time as being so unpopular --- if you look them up online, it seems that everyone is moaning about all the horror remakes around and despairing at the state of the Hollywood film industry. But presumably these films do good business, otherwise the studios wouldnt continue making them . . . :confused:

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Noelie   12-19-2007, 01:05 PM
I saw Halloween last night and I really enjoyed it. *shrug*

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
IrishKKC   12-19-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm a huge fan of the original Halloween and I hate remakes but I sat through the remake last night, I gotta say I enjoyed it. There are a lot of similarities but it was surprisingly original. I gotta say it's probably the best remake Ive seen. But hands down the original will always rock. Donald Pleasance is Sam Loomis and Jamie Lee is Laurie Strode. Cant beat the original.
Pages (2):    1 2