RepairmanJack.com Forums
Halloween Remake - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Halloween Remake (/thread-2279.html)

Pages: 1 2

Halloween Remake - Marc - 04-07-2007

Here is the link to Rob Zombie's remake of HALLOWEEN.

Halloween Remake - Kenji - 04-07-2007

Halloween's Remake?

It's totally crap! :mad:

Halloween Remake - ccosborne3 - 04-07-2007

Kenji Wrote:Halloween's Remake?

It's totally crap! :mad:

That's kind of harsh Kenji. I think Zombie might be able to pull it off. I like Malcolm McDowell playing the Doc. I liked the flaky skin on the mask. I've seen the original more than a few times and it looks like the remake is going to be very faithful.

Give it a shot.

Halloween Remake - Kenji - 04-07-2007

ccosborne3 Wrote:That's kind of harsh Kenji. I think Zombie might be able to pull it off. I like Malcolm McDowell playing the Doc. I liked the flaky skin on the mask. I've seen the original more than a few times and it looks like the remake is going to be very faithful.

Give it a shot.

Yeah, I know I'm harsh as for remakes. Big Grin

But "Halloween" was masterpiece in '70s. It's almost legend. Now we really need dig out ghost of Michael Myers from '70s? Such cursed ghost shouldn't wake up. Rolleyes

Halloween Remake - metllicamilitia - 04-08-2007

Looks more brutal than the original. I may like it. The first one was good yes, but it was kind of lame too. This looks like it could be really good. It's either going to be really good or really bad, we'll find out. I like how he adds stuff that wasn't in the original too. At least Zombie knows what he's doing. He worked with this stuff for PeeWee's Playhouse but we'll see.

Halloween Remake - Maggers - 04-08-2007

Kenji Wrote:Yeah, I know I'm harsh as for remakes. Big Grin

But "Halloween" was masterpiece in '70s. It's almost legend. Now we really need dig out ghost of Michael Myers from '70s? Such cursed ghost shouldn't wake up. Rolleyes

I'm with Kenji on this. Why bother with remakes when the original is such a classic? Consider the time it was made. As Kenji pointed out, it's a 70's classic, and prior to that, movies like "Halloween" were just not made. Youngsters who see the original "Halloween" now think it's not that great because they've seen at least a GAZILLION take-offs on it. Consequently, the original may seem lame or not so original. But it certainly was not lame and and it was original.

Why bother with remakes, indeed? Too bad the suits in Hollywood are so afraid of originality and new ideas.

Halloween Remake - wdg3rd - 04-08-2007

The original was a piece of crap. (In my individual arrogant opinion). I doubt that a remake will improve the smell.

Halloween Remake - bones weep tedium - 04-10-2007

ccosborne3 Wrote:That's kind of harsh Kenji. I think Zombie might be able to pull it off. I like Malcolm McDowell playing the Doc. I liked the flaky skin on the mask. I've seen the original more than a few times and it looks like the remake is going to be very faithful.

Give it a shot.

Why is it a good thing that it looks like it's going to be faithful?

Gus Van Sant's 1998 shot-for-shot remake of Hitchcock's Psycho proved once and for all how redundant and meaningless that would be. I think that the most successful remakes like the 2004 Dawn of the Dead and John Carpenter's The Thing bring fresh ideas and develope the material in many ways, other than just better sticking in CGI and cell phones.

What I found most disappointing about the teaser was that Michael Myers looks the same and it looks like the story is going to be very familiar too.

You seem to have faith that Rob Zombie is a man capable of pulling off a Halloween remake. I saw RZ's House of a 1000 Corpses and was very bored. It was a garish and crude pastiche of Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Halloween Remake - ccosborne3 - 12-19-2007

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halloween was my first horror pic, saw it at the drive-in when I was eight or so and I have a soft spot for the story. I mostly liked the changes Zombie made. A couple of criticizms. I didn't like the performances of the three babysitters. They couldn't act for crap. Even the naked boobs came off boring. Maybe I'm getting a little old but the constant teen nudity felt egregious. Similar to the new and improved zombies from The Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days Later the new Mikey Myers is a lot speedier than the old one. Somehow it doesn't work as well the new way. The MM backstory that filled the first third of the film was engrossing but the rest of the film dragged a little. Much more brutal than the original. There were a few scenes that stuck with me because of the brutality. One scene near the begining of the film where a kid gets beaten to death was wince worthy.

Halloween Remake - ccosborne3 - 12-19-2007

bones weep tedium Wrote:You seem to have faith that Rob Zombie is a man capable of pulling off a Halloween remake.

He pulled it off. It's certainly not better than the original but its worth watching. A rarity among remakes.