Pages (2): 1 2   
Shocklines.com   04-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Well, we finally got our full shipment of Virgin Hardcovers. It wasn't the publisher's fault for the delay -- we actually had a box stolen (or misdelivered -- I may never know). But we're all set now.

Anyone who ordered Virgin in hardcover from us and hasn't gotten it yet should have it very soon, if they didn't request an inscription.

If they did request an inscription, I hope to see Paul in a week or two to get him to inscribe copies of Virgin and the Tery HC, which is due to us within the week.

Sorry again for the delay on those waiting for Virgin -- this is the first time in five years we've actually had a box of books disappear without the post office being able to figure out what happened (it had delivery confirmation but no signature, so I'm guessing it got delivered to the wrong address, and the people there just kept it rather than deal with the hassle of trying to return it or find the rightful owner once they realized the mistake that had been made.)
Silverfish   04-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Shocklines.com Wrote:...the people there just kept it rather than...trying to return it or find the rightful owner...

Watch them show up on Ebay.

Stephanie /ducks and runs

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Dave F   04-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Any idea when sex slaves of the dragon tong audio is due to ship?

The artist formally known as Britfan
Pleiades   04-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Shocklines.com Wrote:(it had delivery confirmation but no signature, so I'm guessing it got delivered to the wrong address, and the people there just kept it rather than deal with the hassle of trying to return it or find the rightful owner once they realized the mistake that had been made.)

They probably found out how hard it is to let go of one of Paul's books. If they turn up, the pages will be all dog eared and worn, water drop stained from the tears shed over returning the books.

You really only need three things: WD-40, Duct Tape, and a pointy stick. If it's supposed to move and doesn't, use the WD-40. If it moves and isn't supposed to, use the Duct Tape. If you want it to move and it doesn't want to, use the pointy stick. The rest of life is easy.
Shocklines.com   04-07-2007, 10:13 PM
No word yet on Sex Slaves...but we did just get our Tery Hardcovers today!
fpw   04-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Shocklines.com Wrote:No word yet on Sex Slaves...but we did just get our Tery Hardcovers today!

[SIZE="3"]Well, they're done and I signed a crate of them at Horrorfind.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Ken Valentine   04-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Shocklines.com Wrote:this is the first time in five years we've actually had a box of books disappear without the post office being able to figure out what happened (it had delivery confirmation but no signature, so I'm guessing it got delivered to the wrong address, and the people there just kept it rather than deal with the hassle of trying to return it or find the rightful owner once they realized the mistake that had been made.)

Something like that happened to me a few years ago. The U.S. Snail said that it had been delivered, but I didn't receive it. About six weeks after I had given up on it, it was finally delivered. The post office still didn't know -- or wouldn't admit -- what had happened to it.

You might get it eventually . . . hoo nose.

Ken V.
Scott Miller   10-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Shocklines.com Wrote:No word yet on Sex Slaves...but we did just get our Tery Hardcovers today!

Hopefully everyone has received their audio copies by now, but I thought I'd toss in a word about "Sex Slaves Of The Dragon Tong" as I just read it last night(one of my libraries had a copy of Retro Pulp Tales I discovered when searching for Chet Williamson-who also has a story in the anthology, the first new thing I've seen from him in ages). Anyway SSOTDT is yet another killer short story from the master; you should consider a yellow peril novel. It is amazing how much story FPW can squeeze into just a few pages.

Any word on when the next anthology is due?

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
fpw   10-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Any word on when the next anthology is due?

[SIZE="3"]Early '09.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Hopefully everyone has received their audio copies by now, but I thought I'd toss in a word about "Sex Slaves Of The Dragon Tong" as I just read it last night(one of my libraries had a copy of Retro Pulp Tales I discovered when searching for Chet Williamson-who also has a story in the anthology, the first new thing I've seen from him in ages). Anyway SSOTDT is yet another killer short story from the master; you should consider a yellow peril novel. It is amazing how much story FPW can squeeze into just a few pages.

Any word on when the next anthology is due?

"Slaves..." was mighty. You wanna live to a ripe age, first thing, =don't= fuck with Warbucks. Hombre's got resources...
Pages (2): 1 2