Pages (2):    1 2
Scott Miller   10-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Retro Pulp Tales I discovered when searching for Chet Williamson-who also has a story in the anthology, the first new thing I've seen from him in ages). Anyway SSOTDT is yet another killer short story from the master; you should consider a yellow peril novel.

I loved Williamson's "From The Back Pages." Man that guy has got to write more.

Also went looking for a review, as I also really dug the stories from Norman Partridge and Alex Irvine, and I found this:

All decent stories, but F. Paul Wilson's "Sex Slaves of the Dragon Tong" was the first one I read that I felt truly captured the essence of what Lansdale was looking for, and what Retro Pulp Tales was really about. (But what else can you expect from the creator of Repairman Jack, a Shadow-like figure himself , and the best example of the pulp mentality operating in the modern day?

"Sex Slaves of the Dragon Tong" is a fully realized throwback to the heyday of the "yellow-peril" tale (similar to one he recently published in the Dark Delicacies anthology), featuring Chinese tongsters and a search for a missing girl. The fast-paced plot carries Detective Brannigan (attempting to redeem his reputation via this thankless investigation) through event after event until the final earth-shaking explosion. The appearance of a mysterious and powerful older gentleman adds to the texture of the story, which could easily be expanded to novel length (too bad no one would publish anything like that nowadays). Hatchets and bullets fly, and it felt like Wilson was channeling the king of the pulps, Shadow creator Walter Gibson.

http://www.greenmanreview.com/book/book_...tales.html offers the full review of the book.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Keith the Elder   10-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:Hopefully everyone has received their audio copies by now, but I thought I'd toss in a word about "Sex Slaves Of The Dragon Tong"

Not yet

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Pages (2):    1 2