Barry Lee Dejasu   02-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Granted there's still a copy of the original PB of Conspiracies at a nearby Borders, but c'maaaan...

Is there at least a cover in the works for the "new" edition, à la The Tomb and All the Rage, available for visual scrutiny?

I just looked at my collection of "newer" RJ books and it made me wonder. These covers are finally growing on me.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
fpw   02-07-2007, 11:20 AM
[SIZE="3"]I'm spending the next couple of days at a distributor's warehouse signing a thousand or two RJ paperbacks for an upcoming promotion. I'll let you know if Conspiracies has a new package.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Barry Lee Dejasu   02-08-2007, 08:59 AM
Well then, comrade(s): what do you think will be the imagery on this cover?

Maybe mixed conspiracy imagery on the top (i.e. Christ's face fading into a black field with a pattern of white lights, UFO-formation, which in turn fades into a sheet of paper saying "SESO..."), Jack's silhouette holding a gun off to the side, and a big dark house at the bottom?

...got myself a little excited there. I can't wait!

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
fpw   02-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Sorry, folks. I'm signing 1500 copies each of Crisscross, Infernal, Hosts, and Gateway. No revamped Conspiracies in sight.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Barry Lee Dejasu   02-09-2007, 10:28 AM
fpw Wrote:Sorry, folks. I'm signing 1500 copies each of Crisscross, Infernal, Hosts, and Gateway. No revamped Conspiracies in sight.

*snaps an annoyed finger* Well, hopefully by the end of the year at least all the new editions of The Tomb, The Keep, and Legacies will have whetted the appetites of enough fans to go out and buy the next RJ book that has the oddly simplistic blue/silhouette cover. Then us collectors can rejoice.

Also, I like Dr. Trilobite's idea on what the cover should be like: rickety stairway leading to darkness on bottom, night skyline on top, Jack with wavy lines around him in middle.

Barry Lee Dejasu   02-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Dr. Trilobite Wrote:New edition of Legacies?

And FPW, what promotion is this, exactly?

Oh ja, zah is new edition of Legacies...

[Image: 0812571991.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]

Sorry about the quality.

And as for the reason why, I think it should be pretty self-evident: since Hosts came out in paperback, all the Repairman Jack novels (including the hardcovers) have had these kinds of covers. So why should the first three be any different? Make money AND satisfy collectors all around...

Dr. Trilobite   02-11-2007, 08:01 PM
That came out this year? I had no idea. I only got into it over the summer; I just assumed since it looked slightly more basic than the others, they released it awhile ago and just copied it later on. Thanks.
fpw   12-05-2007, 09:21 AM
[SIZE="3"]Well, the Conspiracies pb has sold out its out of stock and will now be redesigned. Unfortunately at least 6 months will pass before it's available.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
mkmfpwfan   12-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Man,I'm reading this book now. I grew up in the North East and know many of the crazy type of people in this book lol. It's like im revisiting my past!!!
Barry Lee Dejasu   12-11-2007, 07:56 AM
fpw Wrote:Well, the Conspiracies pb has sold out its out of stock and will now be redesigned. Unfortunately at least 6 months will pass before it's available.

Well thank the gods that's finally underway! Hell, 6 months is a lot better than indefinitely... Thanks for the update!

Now if only The Touch, Reborn, Reprisal, and Nightworld got their mass market (re-)dues...