Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
webby   01-30-2007, 12:46 AM
tooleman Wrote:An equal opportunity villian: But let's keep it post Keep and exclude the Adversary Cycle, just to make it challenging..............

Ms. Aralo was mentioned in Hosts, as Kenji posted earlier. Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tooleman   01-30-2007, 01:02 AM
webby Wrote:Ms. Aralo was mentioned in Hosts, as Kenji posted earlier. Wink

So we have two, Ms. Aralo (Hosts) and Sal Roma (Conspiracies). I think there's more, I'll do a little research..........Remember, anagrams only......

tooleman
GeraldRice   02-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Dollars to donuts he's in Bloodlines.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Ken Valentine   02-09-2007, 02:02 AM
tooleman Wrote:So we have two, Ms. Aralo (Hosts) and Sal Roma (Conspiracies). I think there's more, I'll do a little research..........Remember, anagrams only......

What about Sara Lom in REPRISAL?

Ken V.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:What about Sara Lom in REPRISAL?

Ken V.

Yes indeed, but Tooleman asked us to exclude The Adversary Cycle. (Or "Adversary Circle" as it's printed on the "Other Books by..." page of the pb THE HAUNTED AIRRolleyes )
Kenji   02-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Yes indeed, but Tooleman asked us to exclude The Adversary Cycle. (Or "Adversary Circle" as it's printed on the "Other Books by..." page of the pb THE HAUNTED AIRRolleyes )

Which is correct? Smile

By the way, in Japan, we call it "Nightworld Cycle", not "Adversary".
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Kenji Wrote:Which is correct? Smile

By the way, in Japan, we call it "Nightworld Cycle", not "Adversary".

It's Adversary CYCLE. Just another of the bizarre typos that seem to haunt Paul's books. I gotta say, as an old proofreader, I have never seen the like, book after book, by one author.
Kenji   02-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:It's Adversary CYCLE. Just another of the bizarre typos that seem to haunt Paul's books. I gotta say, as an old proofreader, I have never seen the like, book after book, by one author.

Thanks, Mike.

Your job is proofreader? Or it's your interest?
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Kenji Wrote:Thanks, Mike.

Your job is proofreader? Or it's your interest?

I used to work as a proofreader for a company called Wordflow. They dealt mainly in legal and scientific documents that had to be =very= accurate. We did it this way: I would go over the copy first. Another reader would check it. Then I would go over it again. We got pretty clean copy that way. But I was reading 8 hours a day. Pretty dry stuff too. And I found, after a couple of months, that when I got off the job, I =did not want to read for pleasure.= And I knew, "Michael, it's time to look for something else." The money was good, and I hated to give it up, but jeez... First things first. Reading's an even bigger part of my life than music, and I like music =a lot=, as I may have expressed now and then on the board.Wink So I got a job at Barnes & Noble. That was 23 years ago, this May 21st.
KRW   02-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I used to work as a proofreader for a company called Wordflow. They dealt mainly in legal and scientific documents that had to be =very= accurate. We did it this way: I would go over the copy first. Another reader would check it. Then I would go over it again. We got pretty clean copy that way. But I was reading 8 hours a day. Pretty dry stuff too. And I found, after a couple of months, that when I got off the job, I =did not want to read for pleasure.= And I knew, "Michael, it's time to look for something else." The money was good, and I hated to give it up, but jeez... First things first. Reading's an even bigger part of my life than music, and I like music =a lot=, as I may have expressed now and then on the board.Wink So I got a job at Barnes & Noble. That was 23 years ago, this May 21st.
Admire you for that Mike.

Ken
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5