Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
dejo   02-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Auskar Wrote:Did you just get the wiki software, then skin it and modify it? The reason I ask is that we were building our own software, but I'm unsatisfied, so I'm looking for an alternative solution.
Yeah, I downloaded the MediaWiki sources via SourceForge.net and then set it up guided by the information on the MediaWiki site. It was a little daunting but I never encountered any major roadblocks (had I, I might not have had the desire to troubleshoot and continue). Then I followed subsequent info on how to re-skin the wiki and began tweaking it to my own needs. The logo I put together in Photoshop using images from this site.

I've yet to take on the task of customizing it to include the SPAMEL™ (SPoiler-Avoidance-MEchanism-utiLity)...
This post was last modified: 02-13-2007, 10:49 PM by dejo.
webby   02-13-2007, 10:57 PM
dejo Wrote:Okay, got the RJ wiki "skinned" today. So, I thought I'd be a little cruel and show everyone a screenshot of the main page:

Try not to salivate too much.

That looks great, Dejo!

dejo Wrote:I've yet to take on the task of customizing it to include the SPAMEL™ (SPoiler-Avoidance-MEchanism-utiLity)...
SPAMEL™ Big Grin Too cool.

[Image: bow.gif]
This post was last modified: 02-14-2007, 05:15 PM by webby.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blake   02-14-2007, 02:21 AM
dejo Wrote:Okay, got the RJ wiki "skinned" today. So, I thought I'd be a little cruel and show everyone a screenshot of the main page:

That's just... groovy. I hope this moves forward. A wiki is a terrific idea.

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
BK Akitas   02-14-2007, 11:30 AM
I tell ya, we have got some TALENTED Boardies!

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Silverfish   02-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Oh! I'm so excited! That looks awesome.

Stephanie

ps love "spamel"

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
IanSF   02-15-2007, 08:15 PM
dejo Wrote:Try not to salivate too much.
[Image: drool.gif]
I'll try, but it aint easy.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4