Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5   
tooleman   01-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Just for fun I’d like to open a discussion regarding Rasolm’s appearances’ as the reincarnation of evil in the RJ series; post Keep and excluding the Adversary Cycle. Only three come to my mind: Conspiracies, Gateways and Harbingers any thing else from the forum?

tooleman
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-29-2007, 01:26 AM
tooleman Wrote:Just for fun I’d like to open a discussion regarding Rasolm’s appearances’ as the reincarnation of evil in the RJ series; post Keep and excluding the Adversary Cycle. Only three come to my mind: Conspiracies, Gateways and Harbingers any thing else from the forum?

I think you've covered them all.
Auskar   01-29-2007, 02:08 AM
tooleman Wrote:Just for fun I’d like to open a discussion regarding Rasolm’s appearances’ as the reincarnation of evil in the RJ series; post Keep and excluding the Adversary Cycle. Only three come to my mind: Conspiracies, Gateways and Harbingers any thing else from the forum?
But what about poor Malosar? (I finally read The Keep).

Why is this thread called "Prestidigitation"...? (boy, that is a hard word to type).
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-29-2007, 02:12 AM
Auskar Wrote:But what about poor Malosar? (I finally read The Keep).

Why is this thread called "Prestidigitation"...? (boy, that is a hard word to type).

Didn't Tooleman say, "Post Keep?" And presdi...prosto...presto...there hadda be another woid!Big Grin
Auskar   01-29-2007, 02:17 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Didn't Tooleman say, "Post Keep?" And presdi...prosto...presto...there hadda be another woid!Big Grin
Yeah, he did. But since I had ONLY read RJ novels until just recently (like TODAY), I had to throw in my newly discovered banquet of knowledge.

PrestoBoingo!
Kenji   01-29-2007, 09:25 AM
By the way, Ms.Aralo is really Rasalom? Sal Roma appeared in CONSPIRACIES, and he met Jack. Dr.Fielding mentioned her name at hospital in THE HOSTS. But Ms.Aralo didn't appear in THE HOSTS.
Pleiades   01-29-2007, 08:58 PM
I belive that's right, as long as you're refering to "in person" appearances.
Spoilers for ATR and Hosts follow......

Rasalom takes a role in All The Rage: he calls Oz and the doctor to tell them about Scarlip. In Hosts, Rasalom adds the Unity virus to the culture. In both cases, Jack eventually realizes that Rasalom had his hand in things. Hosts also is kind of a turning point: here Rasalom takes direct action to cause trouble. Previously, he just urges people on or supplies them with information and lets their worst side take them where he wants them to go.

You really only need three things: WD-40, Duct Tape, and a pointy stick. If it's supposed to move and doesn't, use the WD-40. If it moves and isn't supposed to, use the Duct Tape. If you want it to move and it doesn't want to, use the pointy stick. The rest of life is easy.
tooleman   01-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Auskar Wrote:But what about poor Malosar? (I finally read The Keep).

I thought prestidigitation was appropriate, it means performance of or skill in performing magic or conjuring tricks with the hands; sleight of hand, a show of skill or deceitful cleverness. It is not a word you hear every day, but one that evokes thought and triggers the imagination. It also seems to fit Rasalom’s/Malosar’s/Sal Roma’s personality rather well; don’t you think?
Can anyone else think of anagrams used by the arch-villain aside from these three? I can’t, just keep drawing a blank.

tooleman
webby   01-30-2007, 12:34 AM
tooleman Wrote:I thought prestidigitation was appropriate, it means performance of or skill in performing magic or conjuring tricks with the hands; sleight of hand, a show of skill or deceitful cleverness. It is not a word you hear every day, but one that evokes thought and triggers the imagination. It also seems to fit Rasalom’s/Malosar’s/Sal Roma’s personality rather well; don’t you think?
Can anyone else think of anagrams used by the arch-villain aside from these three? I can’t, just keep drawing a blank.

Sara Lom and Ms. Aralo.

Our villian is not bothered by gender issues. Big Grin

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tooleman   01-30-2007, 12:43 AM
webby Wrote:Sara Lom and Ms. Aralo.

Our villian is not bothered by gender issues. Big Grin
An equal opportunity villian: But let's keep it post Keep and exclude the Adversary Cycle, just to make it challenging..............

tooleman
Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5