SteveBlack   01-13-2007, 12:04 PM
I can't see the info on Gauntlet's site but does the lettered edition contain anything special such as a page of manuscript (like some of the other RJ books have had)
cheers
Steve
tooleman   01-17-2007, 12:29 AM
SteveBlack Wrote:I can't see the info on Gauntlet's site but does the lettered edition contain anything special such as a page of manuscript (like some of the other RJ books have had)
cheers
Steve
It my understanding that there are 24 books, one for each letter of the alphebet. They come with a tray case and a page from FPW's original outline, I am the proud owner of O............

tooleman
Ken Valentine   01-17-2007, 01:02 AM
tooleman Wrote:It my understanding that there are 24 books, one for each letter of the alphebet. They come with a tray case and a page from FPW's original outline, I am the proud owner of O............

24 letters?

The English alphabet has 26 letters . . . the French alphabet has 25. (They don't have a "W.")

Ken V.
fpw   01-17-2007, 08:55 AM
tooleman Wrote:It my understanding that there are 24 books, one for each letter of the alphebet. They come with a tray case and a page from FPW's original outline, I am the proud owner of O............

[SIZE="3"]What he said, except 26 books.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Silverfish   01-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:...the French alphabet has 25. (They don't have a "W.")

???

It's pronounced "do-bleh vay." (As in double V). Or were all my teachers lying to me all these years? I even know the alphabet song...and I've been singing it all my life and everything. Oh! What is going on? French needs the W. Sad

Steph

-pushing your buttons a little, but seriously, where did you hear that French doesn't use a W?

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Silverfish   01-17-2007, 02:05 PM
à ç é ê è ô â

These are just some of the letters I use all the time. So actually, you could say that French has more letters than English. :p

...blasted English only spell-checks...grumble grumble grumble...

Steph

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
Maggers   01-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Silverfish Wrote:???

It's pronounced "do-bleh vay." (As in double V). Or were all my teachers lying to me all these years? I even know the alphabet song...and I've been singing it all my life and everything. Oh! What is going on? French needs the W. Sad

Steph

I've been singing the same song, and, yes, there is a "W" pronounced just as you wrote it, followed by X, Y and Z. Gee, if I try to write them phonetically I may just embarrass myself...something like "do-bleh-vay," "eeks," "egrek" (?) and "zed."

Does that sound right, Stephanie?
This post was last modified: 01-17-2007, 03:02 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

tooleman   01-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:24 letters?

The English alphabet has 26 letters . . . the French alphabet has 25. (They don't have a "W.")

Ken V.
Very astute of you, that’s for pointing it out.

tooleman
Ken Valentine   01-17-2007, 11:20 PM
Silverfish Wrote:

???

Steph

-pushing your buttons a little, but seriously, where did you hear that French doesn't use a W?

I stand corrected, I was going by what I had heard as a boy learning Braille.

Thanks,

Ken V.
Silverfish   01-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Maggers Wrote:I've been singing the same song...something like "do-bleh-vay," "eeks," "egrek" (?) and "zed."

Does that sound right, Stephanie?

Sounds just right! Egrek is my new favourite word. (Even if it's made up. Rolleyes )

Steph