Pages (3):    1 2 3   
BrettM   01-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Each of the first 4 books basically introduces a new set of characters, all of which are woven together in Nightworld. So you really need to know the previous books to follow all the threads in Nightworld.

*SLMW 1.0* No animals were harmed in the production of this message.
tooleman   01-04-2007, 12:17 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:I'm sure you'll agree that this is one of the great re-writes. The story was wonderful to begin with. Horror and angst with a lot of other emotions too many to list. Now that the story was re-written....it's even better.
Maybe I'm biased......no....not me!.....but FPW can sure write a story!
It got better with age, as the characters evolved over time the story needed retelling and FPW did it with vigor, style and grace..........

tooleman
iacon50   03-21-2007, 12:15 AM
just finished nightworld revised edition.

spoiler

who exactly was gleaken's houseguest at the end? aparently jack knew her too? what book is she from?
webby   03-21-2007, 12:51 AM
iacon50 Wrote:just finished nightworld revised edition.

spoiler

who exactly was gleaken's houseguest at the end? aparently jack knew her too? what book is she from?

[SIZE="3"]Super-Sized Spoiler[/SIZE]

Highlight below if you really want to know, although at this point it's just my own theory...

I think the houseguest is a brand-new "woman with a dog", since she is a young girl with a puppy. I'm afraid it means we will see what appears to be the end of the women with dogs in upcoming RJ novels. But this bit in the Revised Nightworld tells us that as long as there are people who have hope and compassion, our "mother" can never be completely destroyed.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ccosborne3   03-21-2007, 12:54 AM
It's a good theory and probably accurate. I hadn't put any thought into it but i bet you've hit it right on the head.
This post was last modified: 03-21-2007, 11:15 AM by ccosborne3.
Scott Miller   03-21-2007, 10:35 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:It's a good theory and probably accurate. I hadn't put any thought into it but i bet you've hit it right on the head.

After Webby goes to such lengths to hide her spoiler. :p

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
ccosborne3   03-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Damn thats annoying!

I'm shocked that it would have let me do that.

Who would have thought that you can do that?

Seriously!
webby   03-21-2007, 11:49 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:It's a good theory and probably accurate. I hadn't put any thought into it but i bet you've hit it right on the head.

Thanks - it just popped into my head when I read that part. The end of Nightworld always choked me up, but this part in the revised version had me in tears.

Thinking about it more, I have expanded on my theory (again, highlight to read because it's a very big spoiler):

[COLOR="White"]I think that even more than hope and compassion, rebirth of the "mother" required at least some people willing to take enormous risks and sacrifice for the good of the many.

Glaeken didn't want to take up his sword again - he was truly hoping it would be someone else's turn. A selfish Jack would have headed for the bunker with Abe, Gia and Vicks. Bill and Carol had to risk being unable to enjoy even a few days together after finally admitting their love. Sylvia had to be willing to lose Jeffy to autism again. And Dr. Bulmer - oh man, let's don't even go there.

Only all of this risk and sacrifice made it possible to defeat Rasalom and the Otherness. Which in turn gave the world and humanity another chance, a new beginning.... a little girl with a puppy.

*sniff* Getting misty all over again.[/COLOR]

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WGB   05-10-2007, 08:08 PM
I finally got around to reading the revised Borderland Press edition of Nightworld. Way to go Paul! Great job! Awesome! By the way, I really got a kick out of Freddy and Jo broadcasting on WFPW-FM. Nice tweak.
Grand Guignol   06-09-2008, 09:41 AM
WGB Wrote:I finally got around to reading the revised Borderland Press edition of Nightworld.

I needed to resurrect this thread to ask a question about the revised books. Aside from The Tomb, Black Wind and Nightworld which other books have been revised?

I have recently re-read The Tomb and will read the revised Back Wind before I read By The Sword. I haven't read Nightworld since it first came out but will read it agin after the last RJ novel comes out.

Basically, the completist in me needs to know what else I may have missed so I can get my butt into gear! Wink

Thanks in advance for the help.

How Grand was my Guignol?
Pages (3):    1 2 3