Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-01-2007, 07:38 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Crichtons done both.

It's just a different medium for telling the story. I would think it's far more time consuming filming though. Quite a challenge.

That's true, he has. But Crichton's a disciplined man, he's an MD, so...wait a second here...what am I talking about???:eek:
jimbow8   01-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:That's true, he has. But Crichton's a disciplined man, he's an MD, so...wait a second here...what am I talking about???:eek:
I wouldn't say that Crichton has "excelled" at directing.Rolleyes

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
LuzEstrella   01-02-2007, 03:40 PM
James Cameron.

He has directed some of my most favorite movies ever.."Terminator", "Aliens", "The Abyss".
He has a knack for making the women's parts strong (Magda), have the audience feel great empathy for the heroic outsider (Glaeken), and make his monsters scarier than any nightmare (Rasalom).
I think he would get it completely right.

*[Image: 1129648598.gif]
LuzEstrella   01-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Oh yeah...Note to James Cameron....

NO CELINE DION SONGS IN THE KEEP. Smile

*[Image: 1129648598.gif]
Kenji   01-02-2007, 08:09 PM
LuzEstrella Wrote:Oh yeah...Note to James Cameron....

NO CELINE DION SONGS IN THE KEEP. Smile

Well, if she could sing for The Keep, the title will be "My Hurt Will Go On" Rasalom's theme. :p
webby   01-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Kenji Wrote:Well, if she could sing for The Keep, the title will be "My Hurt Will Go On" Rasalom's theme. :p

[Image: rofl.gif]
Kenji, you are becoming quite a master of puns!

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kenji   01-03-2007, 05:33 AM
webby Wrote:[Image: rofl.gif]

Sometimes I become master of silliness. [Image: ashamed0006.gif]
This post was last modified: 01-03-2007, 05:41 AM by Kenji.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-03-2007, 01:38 PM
webby Wrote:[Image: rofl.gif]

Wonderful choice, pal Kenji! But how about FREE-FALLIN' by Tom Petty?Wink
jimbow8   01-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Wonderful choice, pal Kenji! But how about FREE-FALLIN' by Tom Petty?Wink
What are you doing online? It's not Sunday or Monday. Big Grin :confused:

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-03-2007, 02:25 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:What are you doing online? It's not Sunday or Monday. Big Grin :confused:

Had a doctor's appointment this morning for me leg. And on Wednesday nights, I'm scheduled to close at work, which I =hate=! So I figured I'd take today and tomorrow off, start to use my new 2007 paid-time-off hours. Need the break after the holiday madness. Plus, we're short a closing Supervisor on my floor for Saturday nights. I agreed to take the gig, telling my boss, "Awright, Anthony, I'll work with you on this, but I will hate every fucking second and trust that you'll remember, come evaluation time in October. I got "Exceeds Standards" last time, am working with you to get the same this year. Plus your recommendation for my promotion to Manager." The big man from West Virginia sighed. "Nothing's ever easy with you, is it, Mike? I'll do what I can. But be forewarned at least one of the Managers thinks you're too fucking weird for promotion. No, I'm not saying who! But you're well-liked by the rest. Your time is coming." Yeah, Bad Tony, that and 2 bucks will get me on the subway...Rolleyes
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6