Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Kenji   12-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Lisa Wrote:Peter Jackson.

Yep, I guess he can make "Nightworld:The Movie". Wink

Only he can do it.
Scott Miller   12-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Lisa Wrote:Peter Jackson.

Oh yeah. I said that The Keep is sort of like The Hobbit, a stand-alone that ties into a trilogy. So he does The Keep, then he takes a huge cast for the better part of three years to make Reborn, Reprisal and Nightworld at the same time. Works for me.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-18-2006, 12:16 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I think Hitchcock would make a HORRIBLE director ..... seeing as he's dead and all.

Dead, is he? You seem to know all the details, Jim. Anything you want to tell us, sir? You'll feel at lot better when you get it off your chest.:p
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Maggers Wrote:I agree Jim, but not because Hitch is dead, though that certainly would impede is abilities. He was a fabulous director of the material he chose. He never dealt with the supernatural, though "The Birds" could be considered unnatural but not necessarily supernatural. I don't think he'd be the one to do "The Keep" justice. At this point, "The Keep" would be considered a period piece. I don't think Hitchcock ever did one. His movies were all placed in his current time, which, actually, is the time of "The Keep." But that's why being dead makes things so tricky. Big Grin

Alfonso Cuaron could do an interesting job.

Interesting point, Maggers, I hadn't thought of it that way. But you're right about Hitch and the supernatural. Hmmmm....well, as long as dead guys are in the mix, how about Kubrick?
Sourdoughs   12-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Funny, after watching the extended ending last week, I was just thinking the same question. Peter Jackson was and is at the top of my list to direct the Keep. I think he could really develop the characters and convey the feel that was SOOO lacking in that other version.

-MarcC
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Sourdoughs Wrote:Funny, after watching the extended ending last week, I was just thinking the same question. Peter Jackson was and is at the top of my list to direct the Keep. I think he could really develop the characters and convey the feel that was SOOO lacking in that other version.

-MarcC

We might be missing a bet here, Sourdoughs. How about the genius Shatner directing, with Stallone as Glaeken and AH-nuld as Rasalom? What could be better? Man, I'd pay high coin to see that!
Sourdoughs   12-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:We might be missing a bet here, Sourdoughs. How about the genius Shatner directing, with Stallone as Glaeken and AH-nuld as Rasalom? What could be better? Man, I'd pay high coin to see that!

Holy cow, how could one make it any worse than that. It'd probably gross three billion dollars, too. :p
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Sourdoughs Wrote:Holy cow, how could one make it any worse than that. It'd probably gross three billion dollars, too. :p

I'd stand in line overnight for tickets!:p
Lisa   12-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:We might be missing a bet here, Sourdoughs. How about the genius Shatner directing, with Stallone as Glaeken and AH-nuld as Rasalom? What could be better? Man, I'd pay high coin to see that!

I'd watch it. Wink
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Lisa Wrote:I'd watch it. Wink

We'd have to watch it a few times, to catch all the subleties.
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6