Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Miskatonic & Gin   12-02-2006, 02:02 AM
Come to sunny Santa Barbara, CA!

Or better yet, built it around FPW's appearance at this years San Diego Comic Con! I can't tell you how great it was to open my SDCC 2007 preview and see FPW inside.

Cthulhu for President!

Why vote for a lesser evil? I can think of none better than the great old one, who should return from his slumber to take over the U.S. government and make this country a whole hell of a lot better as the leader of our executive branch. Or destroy it and drive everyone insane, kill us all, or something really nasty! Remember, Cthulhu for President, why vote for the lesser of two evils? Wink
ccosborne3   12-02-2006, 05:54 AM
Might be time for a name change. Big Grin
Miskatonic & Gin   12-02-2006, 12:29 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Might be time for a name change. Big Grin

Oh man, you are right.

Cthulhu for President!

Why vote for a lesser evil? I can think of none better than the great old one, who should return from his slumber to take over the U.S. government and make this country a whole hell of a lot better as the leader of our executive branch. Or destroy it and drive everyone insane, kill us all, or something really nasty! Remember, Cthulhu for President, why vote for the lesser of two evils? Wink
Mike Hanson   12-02-2006, 01:02 PM
This could be very kewl. Never having been to Vegas, I've
always wanted to check out "Star Trek: The Experience"
at The Hilton...one of the more sensational of the various
Star Trek Geek quests I've yet to fulfill in my lifetime.

What would be a good off-season (non-Summer) time of
the year to visit LV for a GU?

Mike Cool
Maggers   12-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Mike Hanson Wrote:What would be a good off-season (non-Summer) time of the year to visit LV for a GU?
I love Vegas and want to get back. I've only been once and did it my own way, in the thick of August heat. I hate the heat but I survived, largely because you're nearly always inside in Vegas. If you're not inside, then your probably at the pool, or, more accurately, IN the pool.

Vegas can be done anytime of the year, and there are always good deals to be found.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

DaveStrorm   12-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Mike Hanson Wrote:This could be very kewl. Never having been to Vegas, I've
always wanted to check out "Star Trek: The Experience"
at The Hilton...one of the more sensational of the various
Star Trek Geek quests I've yet to fulfill in my lifetime.

What would be a good off-season (non-Summer) time of
the year to visit LV for a GU?

Mike Cool

I went to ST: The Experience a couple of years ago. It was pretty neat - especially "the mission" on the shuttle craft. It was also cool eating at Quark's. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of staying at the Hilton too. Well for 1 night. I woke up the next morning and found about 4 inches of gross looking water standing in the tub when I went to shower. After discussing this with them for over an hour, I got half my night's stay back and I moved to the Luxor.

I think mid-April is a good time to be in Vegas. It's warm enough to feel like summer (to me anyway) by then.
cobalt   12-02-2006, 06:14 PM
When the place is decided, I'll need some time to make sure I can be there if it's not on the East coast. Also to help budget what might be needed for hotel and airfare.
When are these plans for a GU's finalized?

EWMAN
Lisa   12-03-2006, 05:57 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:When are these plans for a GU's finalized?

When Susan and I say they are. Wink

Lisa
tooleman   12-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Lisa Wrote:When Susan and I say they are. Wink

Lisa
Say when and where: Really I think Manhattan is the place, lets do it where Jack walks. I’m a bit opinionated as I grew up in N.Y.C. and the scenery is very familiar, so my opinion is perhaps narrow.

tooleman
Keith the Elder   12-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:Ouch. Chicago, maybe. Jersey definitely, New York definitely. Anything involving flying, however, would pose a roadblock for me.

Still on the No Fly list? I thought that was all straightened out!

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6