Pages (2):    1 2
HaroldDemure   01-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Donnie Darko.
jimbow8   01-02-2007, 01:00 PM
HaroldDemure Wrote:Donnie Darko.
I love Donnie Darko.

I liked Titanic before everyone liked .... then hated Titanic. :p

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Mike Hanson   01-03-2007, 09:38 AM
I remember falling in love with "Enchanted April" the Friday
night (at least, I think it was a Friday night) that it was given
its first relatively wide release in America.
Noelie   01-03-2007, 02:41 PM
I love, love, LOVE Hudson Hawk. "She will be presiding over tonight's auction of objet d'equestrian - horse things." One of my favorite lines in any movie, lol.

I liked Reservoir Dogs before everyone jumped on the Tarantino bandwagon.

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
saynomore   01-04-2007, 07:10 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:The King of New York and I might as well throw in Bad Lieutenant. Both directed by Abel Ferrara. Ferrara is the only NYC filmmaker capable of giving Scorcese a run for his money.

Abe has a wider range than Martin. Abe made a great vampire movie, (the name escapes me); can you see Martin making a vampire movie or even wanting to? Don't get me wrong: a new Scorcese is always a treat, but his love for gangstas has limited his movie-making scope. Ferrara plays with genres and with b+w flicks as well.

AC

P.S. Beware seeing the cut (R-Rated) version of Bad Lieutenant. See it uncut.
saynomore   01-04-2007, 07:15 PM
One of my favorite movies that was largely overlooked was a little gem called "Scarecrow." It starred Gene Hackman and Al Pacino. Well worth a look with this great team-up of actors. Excellent drama. Keep the hankies nigh with that wicked ending.

AC

P.S. Might as well throw in that other overlooked Hackman film, "The Conversation." It never really found an audience, but I always try to catch it at the revival theaters. Loved to own a Special Super Duper Edition DVD of this movie.
Scott Miller   01-04-2007, 07:31 PM
saynomore Wrote:One of my favorite movies that was largely overlooked was a little gem called "Scarecrow." It starred Gene Hackman and Al Pacino. Well worth a look with this great team-up of actors. Excellent drama. Keep the hankies nigh with that wicked ending.

AC

P.S. Might as well throw in that other overlooked Hackman film, "The Conversation." It never really found an audience, but I always try to catch it at the revival theaters. Loved to own a Special Super Duper Edition DVD of this movie.

Both worth the price of admission, particularly The Conversation. Been years since I've seen either.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
GeraldRice   01-05-2007, 05:05 PM
I liked Equilibrium before it became popular. I saw Hudson Hawk in the theater and was shocked it was so disliked. Same for Alien 3. I wanted to see Starship Troopers the first time I saw it advertised and I will always maintain it was a great film. Paul Verhoeven pulled the best performances you could possibly ask for out of a bunch of B actors (save for Michael Ironside and Clancy Brown, two of the greatest villain actors EVER).

But when was Titanic not popular?

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
jimbow8   01-05-2007, 05:38 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:II wanted to see Starship Troopers the first time I saw it advertised and I will always maintain it was a great film. Paul Verhoeven pulled the best performances you could possibly ask for out of a bunch of B actors (save for Michael Ironside and Clancy Brown, two of the greatest villain actors EVER).
uH-OH! Here we go ..... Wink :p

Quote:But when was Titanic not popular?
Well, it has become fashionable to hate it.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Auskar   01-05-2007, 07:07 PM
I saw the Titanic with my daughter. She loved it. I hated it. I kept HOPING for it to be over...
Pages (2):    1 2