Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Sourdoughs   11-17-2006, 04:35 PM
This question is about the Cemetary Dance Sims 5-book series. I know there were problems with getting them fully published, but they got through #1-4 and they looked great. My last inquiry to them about book #5 went unanswered, I'm guessing because it isn't a high priority for them.

Does anyone have information about if they still intend to publish #5? Are there others out there that have purchased/pre-ordered it?

Thanks,
MarcC
Scott Hajek   11-17-2006, 04:54 PM
I pre-ordered it as soon as it was announced. I'm also a bit perturbed about the paperback being out before Book 5 of the limited editions. I did receive a response that they will be printing it someday.... but who knows when.

What really gets me, though, is that I paid full price for all of the books and didn't use any discounts (that I can remember) and they've had several great deals to get lots of free books and other giveaways. And, I've been waiting patiently for #5. At least I didn't wait for it before I read the whole book.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Sourdoughs   11-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:I pre-ordered it as soon as it was announced. I'm also a bit perturbed about the paperback being out before Book 5 of the limited editions. I did receive a response that they will be printing it someday.... but who knows when.

What really gets me, though, is that I paid full price for all of the books and didn't use any discounts (that I can remember) and they've had several great deals to get lots of free books and other giveaways. And, I've been waiting patiently for #5. At least I didn't wait for it before I read the whole book.

I'm in the same boat here. I'm giving them some leeway because a) at the time they were only one of two small pub houses printing FPW stuff and b) there was some sort of snafu that I unfortunately don't remember the details of, but it didn't seem to be all their fault.

The last update I got was 2/9/05; just wondered if there was any new word on it.
fpw   11-17-2006, 06:24 PM
[SIZE="3"]I've proofed the pages and I signed the sig sheets in June. I've given up trying to get a straight answer -- or royalties.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Sourdoughs   11-18-2006, 01:13 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I've proofed the pages and I signed the sig sheets in June. I've given up trying to get a straight answer -- or royalties.[/SIZE]

Boyoboy, that really makes me shake my head at them. Disappointing to hear. Hopefully you'll be getting enough from me in royalties in the future! Wink
Lisa   11-18-2006, 11:35 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I've proofed the pages and I signed the sig sheets in June. I've given up trying to get a straight answer -- or royalties.[/SIZE]

That is pretty sad. At least Stealth had a good excuse (the whole company went under) for not finishing the LaNague books.

Lisa
Scott Hajek   02-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Even though my hide is well chapped, I figured I'd send another request for an update. After all, CD did send out an e-mail with the title of "Huge Production Update."

So, I asked when, if ever, we will see Sims 5.

Here's the reply:

Scott,

We finally received the cover artwork and it'll go to the printer in the
next batch.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman
Marketing Director

The question of the day is: When is the next batch going to the printer?

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Sourdoughs   02-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Interesting. The last time I emailed them about the book I *never* got a response. That was over 6 months ago, though. Maybe, just maybe, this is a good sign, and maybe, just maybe, FPW will get the royalties he so much deserves.

-MarcC.
mores   02-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Question: if I read this book here:
http://www.ereader.com/servlet/mw?t=book&bi=9835&si=59
do I have all the "Sims books" ?
Sourdoughs   02-14-2008, 11:36 AM
mores Wrote:Question: if I read this book here:
http://www.ereader.com/servlet/mw?t=book&bi=9835&si=59
do I have all the "Sims books" ?

Yes, you do.
Pages (3): 1 2 3