Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7   
XamberB   10-09-2006, 02:16 PM
webby Wrote:Yes!! Exactly!!! I try and try to take my time, especially with a new RJ book, but it's exactly like Hazel says. Without even realizing it, I'm back to warp speed!
I do exactly the same thing. As a matter of fact about 2 years ago, I also read Mr. Norrell and was very disappointed. Do you tend to buy thick books because they'll last longer?

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
webby   10-09-2006, 02:22 PM
XamberB Wrote:I do exactly the same thing. As a matter of fact about 2 years ago, I also read Mr. Norrell and was very disappointed. Do you tend to buy thick books because they'll last longer?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Yes!!! That was one of the reasons I got Mr. Norrell! Big Grin It's also why I like a good series. Then I can re-read several back-to-back and feel like I've had a good looooong story. You too, I bet! Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jimbow8   10-09-2006, 02:48 PM
I FINALLY finished it! Big Grin

Now I have to find all the spoiler-laden discussion threads!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
cobalt   10-09-2006, 04:33 PM
XamberB Wrote:I do exactly the same thing. As a matter of fact about 2 years ago, I also read Mr. Norrell and was very disappointed. Do you tend to buy thick books because they'll last longer?
YES!!!! A thicker book has a better chance of lasting more than one day. Especially on a weekend. Sad, can't slow down. So I'll re-read a book to just =relish= it. Week days I'm stuck working so can't read as much.

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-09-2006, 04:41 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:YES!!!! A thicker book has a better chance of lasting more than one day. Especially on a weekend. Sad, can't slow down. So I'll re-read a book to just =relish= it. Week days I'm stuck working so can't read as much.

little blues has secret....ssshhh...never tell...but will tell cobalt...baby blues read paul books backwards...that way...many happy hours...blues wonder..."what that mean?"...read aloud that way...scratch head...got phone call...important person!...dr roma...say he want meeting!...buy hungry blues cheeseburger!...yum yum....little blues maybe get seconds...write new book soon paul...
cobalt   10-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:little blues has secret....ssshhh...never tell...but will tell cobalt...baby blues read paul books backwards...that way...many happy hours...blues wonder..."what that mean?"...read aloud that way...scratch head...got phone call...important person!...dr roma...say he want meeting!...buy hungry blues cheeseburger!...yum yum....little blues maybe get seconds...write new book soon paul...
Awwww Mike....ya makes me feel reeeeaalll special! Wink

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-09-2006, 04:44 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Awwww Mike....ya makes me feel reeeeaalll special! Wink

Hope I'm not the only one.Wink
Jamo   10-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Waah!
You posted so much If I switch on my pc and haven't been online at work....How shall I read all that stuff Big Grin

lol

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Jamo Wrote:Waah!
You posted so much If I switch on my pc and haven't been online at work....How shall I read all that stuff Big Grin

lol

One word at a time, Jamo. That how I do it, anyway.
Medusa   10-09-2006, 08:25 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:YES!!!! A thicker book has a better chance of lasting more than one day. Especially on a weekend. Sad, can't slow down. So I'll re-read a book to just =relish= it. Week days I'm stuck working so can't read as much.
That's one reason I wanted the unabridged version of The Stand!
Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7