Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
phantom21   09-25-2006, 12:03 AM
Well, I've now read Infernal and Harbingers.

And now I guess the wait is on for a year before the next RJ. I really want to read the next chapter in Jack's life now.

I've read the Keep and am asking a friend of mine to lend me his Adversary Cycle books. I wish they were easier to find and cheap to buy. on ABE books people want $30 for a paperback copy of Nightworld!

I read a lot and have always liked series characters (Destroyer, Gunsmith, Honor Harrington) and wonder why it is I'd never heard about RJ before this.

And Wilson now is on my list of authors to find other books he's authored. I managed to find a hardcover of The Select at a used book store and bought it. It's not part of his other series, but I'll get to it this week.

Sigh. Need more RJ. I mainlined him over the last 2-3 weeks and can't get enough.

Mark
phantom21   09-25-2006, 12:08 AM
I've put together a pulp collectors club in NYC called the Gotham Pulp Collectors Club (any RJ fan knows Jack knows about pulps, as he has certificates for the Shadow and Doc Savage clubs, and his father had read Operator #5, if I recall correctly).

Anyway, why not a Repairman Jack club. We could meet in a library (maybe the one where the GPCC meets) and talk about RJ and the Adversary Cycle, and other F. Paul Wilson books.

Maybe trade our books too.

Anyone interested?

Mark
Dr. Trilobite   10-18-2006, 08:36 PM
I have a sad announcement to make: I had to strip a damaged copy of Gateways today. Rest in peace, little buddy.
webby   10-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Dr. Trilobite Wrote:I have a sad announcement to make: I had to strip a damaged copy of Gateways today. Rest in peace, little buddy.

Big Grin ROFL! Big Grin

I hope you buried the little guy in a pretty place.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dr. Trilobite   11-04-2006, 04:02 AM
Huge and exciting update!

For the Christmas season, we were sent new holiday signage. One of the dealies they included was a pack of shelf-talkers for certain titles in a variety of genres. In the horror pack, along with the new Koontz and King, was one for Harbingers. So, uh, let's hope that draws someone's attention.

And I'm sorry to say that damaged copy went into the trash with everything else. But if it makes you feel better, some guy who lives in a dumpster somewhere is probably enjoying it right now.
acfrogg   11-04-2006, 07:32 AM
Dr. Trilobite Wrote:Huge and exciting update!

For the Christmas season, we were sent new holiday signage. One of the dealies they included was a pack of shelf-talkers for certain titles in a variety of genres. In the horror pack, along with the new Koontz and King, was one for Harbingers. So, uh, let's hope that draws someone's attention.

And I'm sorry to say that damaged copy went into the trash with everything else. But if it makes you feel better, some guy who lives in a dumpster somewhere is probably enjoying it right now.
Oooo do you get to read Brother Odd????
Dr. Trilobite   11-04-2006, 06:16 PM
I don't believe we've got it in yet. I've never read any of his anyway.
Tony H   11-05-2006, 06:50 PM
This is exciting. The BN in North Little Rock has 6 copes of Harbingers sitting on the shelf with the covers facing out! Sitting beside them with the spines facing out are several other Jack novels and the deeply discounted "The Keep" paperback. It is a good day in Arkansas when Paul is on the shelves.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-05-2006, 08:55 PM
phantom21 Wrote:I've put together a pulp collectors club in NYC called the Gotham Pulp Collectors Club (any RJ fan knows Jack knows about pulps, as he has certificates for the Shadow and Doc Savage clubs, and his father had read Operator #5, if I recall correctly).

Anyway, why not a Repairman Jack club. We could meet in a library (maybe the one where the GPCC meets) and talk about RJ and the Adversary Cycle, and other F. Paul Wilson books.

Maybe trade our books too.

Anyone interested?

Mark

I live in Manhattan, Mark. Your concept intrigues me strangely.
cobalt   11-05-2006, 09:34 PM
AsMoral Wrote:This is exciting. The BN in North Little Rock has 6 copes of Harbingers sitting on the shelf with the covers facing out! Sitting beside them with the spines facing out are several other Jack novels and the deeply discounted "The Keep" paperback. It is a good day in Arkansas when Paul is on the shelves.
TONY!!!! Where the hell ya been!?

EWMAN
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6