Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Terry Willacker   09-18-2006, 06:09 PM
Weatherford Wrote:Now wait a minute - when Borders started (in the Philly area) they ALWAYS did concerts - usually singer/songwriter folk/jazz/traditional. Great places for CD permieres, etc... I don't remember them doing bands, however.

I LOVED hearing (and playing) the singer/songwriter/folkies and jazz artists... Or the solo guitarists - they were all great.

I think bands would simply be too much noise... Wink

My local (Cincinnati) Borders has folk/jazz/poetry reading/etc. on occasional Saturdays.

Definitely more FPW here lately in Borders and groceries, not really a lot, but more than a year ago.
phantom21   09-18-2006, 06:55 PM
I was at a Borders the Friday before Memorial day, just browsing in the SF area, when I saw the endcap of the horror section. It was devoted to RJ and I saw the special pricing for The Tomb ($4.99) and decided to buy it. Read it and went back on the following Tuesday to get Legacies. Read that and that Friday picked up Conspiracies and All The Rage. Then ...

Finished CrissCross Sunday about 5 AM (couldn't put it down). Bought all of them from different Borders because the stores were selling them out.

I got the Keep (special $4.99 price) also last Friday and haven't started it yet because I know I'll have to read it through. And then I'll want the rest of the Adversary Cycle, and the rest of them aren't in print (except for the Tomb, which I don't see the connection to yet. I think I need the rest of the AC before figuring that out).

Borders has been the best place because I'm on their program and get various discounts at various times.

Any idea when the rest of the Adversary Cycle will be reprinted?

Mark
Dave F   09-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Andrew Wrote:I'm also having a tough time finding anything after The Tomb in The Adversary Cycle. Obviously they're out of print; I ordered The Touch & Reborn used for a pretty reasonable price today, but Reprisal & Nightworld are going for $15-$20 each (used paperback) on Amazon!

I picked up virtually all the back catologue from e-bay - some at very reasonable prices & much cheaper than used on amazon

Keep trying e-bay - took a while - but got most of the books now

The artist formally known as Britfan
Biggles   09-18-2006, 08:08 PM
phantom21 Wrote:I was at a Borders the Friday before Memorial day, just browsing in the SF area, when I saw the endcap of the horror section. It was devoted to RJ and I saw the special pricing for The Tomb ($4.99) and decided to buy it. Read it and went back on the following Tuesday to get Legacies. Read that and that Friday picked up Conspiracies and All The Rage. Then ...

Finished CrissCross Sunday about 5 AM (couldn't put it down). Bought all of them from different Borders because the stores were selling them out.

I got the Keep (special $4.99 price) also last Friday and haven't started it yet because I know I'll have to read it through. And then I'll want the rest of the Adversary Cycle, and the rest of them aren't in print (except for the Tomb, which I don't see the connection to yet. I think I need the rest of the AC before figuring that out).

Borders has been the best place because I'm on their program and get various discounts at various times.

Any idea when the rest of the Adversary Cycle will be reprinted?

Mark

You've got an addiction, my friend! Sad Congratulations! Big Grin

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Ken Valentine   09-18-2006, 11:37 PM
phantom21 Wrote:I got the Keep (special $4.99 price) also last Friday and haven't started it yet because I know I'll have to read it through. And then I'll want the rest of the Adversary Cycle, and the rest of them aren't in print (except for the Tomb, which I don't see the connection to yet. I think I need the rest of the AC before figuring that out).

THE KEEP, THE TOMB, and THE TOUCH, were originally written as stand-alone novels. Later, FPW wrote one huge novel which was separated into three novels: REBORN, REPRISAL, and NIGHTWORLD. These tied the first three stand-alone's together into a series.

Ken V.
acfrogg   09-19-2006, 03:20 AM
Britfan Wrote:I picked up virtually all the back catologue from e-bay - some at very reasonable prices & much cheaper than used on amazon

Keep trying e-bay - took a while - but got most of the books now
Ah-ha! So you're the one who kept outbidding me!Wink
Maggers   09-19-2006, 02:23 PM
I was at a fairly large Barnes & Noble on the Upper East Side of Manhattan yesterday. They had 6 copies of the paperback "Infernal," and that was it. Not much of an RJ presence there at all.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

phantom21   09-22-2006, 10:51 AM
OK. Now I've read the Keep (very good story and I can see how it and Glaeken and Rasalom fit into the Adversary cycle.

I've read The Tomb, as it was the first RJ story, and because of the rest of the RJ stuff I see how it fits in, sort of.

Now I want the rest of the Adversary Cycle books, and they're either too expensive (signed hardcovers) or not available. Sad

Luckily I'm getting Infernal and Harbinger today (the Strand bookstore has the hardcover at half price. Love that store Big Grin ) so I'll have something to read. Should I read them before the Touch, Reborn, Reprisal? I'm sure Nightworld is the last to read, after Harbinger.

Mark
Blake   09-22-2006, 01:02 PM
phantom21 Wrote:Now I want the rest of the Adversary Cycle books, and they're either too expensive (signed hardcovers) or not available. Sad

Try here. Between that site and any local used book stores you may have, you really shouldn't have a hard time finding them.

Keep in mind that the newer limited edition hardcovers have some changes to bring them up to date with the new timeline and the current RJ series, but that shouldn't interfere with your enjoyment if you just want to read them ASAP.

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
cobalt   09-23-2006, 09:34 AM
I found Legacies, Crisscross, The Tomb, The Keep and Midnight Mass in the supermarket. Neat!

EWMAN
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6