Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
acfrogg   09-16-2006, 05:51 AM
I discovered Borders late, so they may have had bands and singers, etc. When they started here too. It's not that it's bad music, I just like quiet while I read and browse.
IanSF   09-16-2006, 07:27 AM
I'm afraid that there are still no FPW books to be seen over here in the UK, not even in the new Borders that just opened where I hoped I could find some.
I know that there were no RJ titles published under his Colin Andrews pseudonym but there are none of these either.
Sigokat   09-16-2006, 08:40 AM
acfrogg Wrote:It also really bugs me that B and N has bands playing there, it's a book store! I got to read, not for a concert!

Hippies and yuppies.. B&N is the Starbucks of bookstores, IMO. I dislike both. I actually stopped going to B&N about 10 years ago when I was looking for some Jonny Quest books which I knew had been released and the B&N people said they were not released yet (and said it with attitude) I got in my car drove two blocks up the road to Borders and bought 3 of the books right then and there off the shelf!! Ever since then I've hated B&N and have been a loyal Border's customer.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Sigokat   09-16-2006, 08:41 AM
Dr. Trilobite Wrote:Borders also smells better. I don't know, it's weird.

again...hippies.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Dr. Trilobite   09-16-2006, 04:49 PM
IanSF Wrote:I'm afraid that there are still no FPW books to be seen over here in the UK, not even in the new Borders that just opened where I hoped I could find some.
I know that there were no RJ titles published under his Colin Andrews pseudonym but there are none of these either.
Smile
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
cobalt   09-17-2006, 06:12 PM
I was in Borders today. There is an entire shelf devoted to FPW. A TOP shelf I might add!! The Tomb thru Crisscross, with Legacies missing. Also on the shelf were Midnight Mass and SIMS. Cool

EWMAN
Pleiades   09-18-2006, 02:15 PM
Just got back from vacation, so maybe this thread has run its course, but thought I'd add that my local supermarket had copies of Crisscross on its shelves, and Walmart had The Tomb for $2.57.

You really only need three things: WD-40, Duct Tape, and a pointy stick. If it's supposed to move and doesn't, use the WD-40. If it moves and isn't supposed to, use the Duct Tape. If you want it to move and it doesn't want to, use the pointy stick. The rest of life is easy.
Dave F   09-18-2006, 04:07 PM
If it wasn't for amazon & e-bay it would be very hard to find FPW books in UK

Borders leeds regularly stocks The Tomb (or has 1 copy that never sells)

Other than that thank heaven for the internet

The artist formally known as Britfan
Andrew   09-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Blake Wrote:Are others noticing an increased presence of RJ books in your areas? Borders here in Reno has quite a large stock. I went tonight to buy the paperback of Infernal, which the computer said was in stock, and couldn't find it. There were at least six copies of The Tomb (I bought another one) along with several other FPW titles on the shelf, but I just wasn't finding what I was looking for. When I finally did find it, I was quite pleased: It was on an end-cap with a large number of other RJ books. The entire end-cap was devoted to RJ. They must've had at least 20-25 FPW books on the shelves, which is pretty good for around here!

I'm in Reno also & things have been pretty hit & miss for me. I picked up the first 9 RJ books with relative ease at Borders, but I'm re-buying all of them for my wife now & I'm not having as much luck. I had to order Legacies & Conspiracies so far, & the last time I went looking I wasn't able to find Gateways or Crisscross. I haven't seen the new endcap at Borders yet.

So far, the only FPW book I've seen at B & N is the new edition of The Tomb & the Borders Express at the mall doesn't have anything!

I'm also having a tough time finding anything after The Tomb in The Adversary Cycle. Obviously they're out of print; I ordered The Touch & Reborn used for a pretty reasonable price today, but Reprisal & Nightworld are going for $15-$20 each (used paperback) on Amazon!
IanSF   09-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Dr. Trilobite Wrote:insert here: a somewhat embarrassing image of 'Legacies', author: Colin Andrews.
Smile
Oh... flip!
This post was last modified: 09-18-2006, 06:09 PM by IanSF.
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6