Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Weatherford   09-14-2006, 04:52 PM
FANTASTIC!!!

I must admit, when I go into bookstores back in the US, I always find a FPW book and put it front side out so it can be seen.... if there is room for it to sit on top of the shelves, I put it there.... Just do it when no one is looking! Smile

Speaking of bookstore bookshelves.... anyone in the market for some cherry ones? They are in NJ and costing me too much in storage (heat and humidity controlled)...
webby   09-14-2006, 10:11 PM
I just went to my nearby Borders store and woo-hoo! They not only had a complete endcap of RJ paperbacks, they also had 3/4 of a shelf full of RJ (and one copy of Sims)! I think they had the whole series up through Infernal.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
acfrogg   09-15-2006, 07:38 AM
The same here, Borders has plenty and an end cap, but in the romance section for some odd reason:confused: At least they have them! B and N didn't have any FPW books at either one. I have switched to Borders since I found that out.
webby   09-15-2006, 10:59 AM
acfrogg Wrote:The same here, Borders has plenty and an end cap, but in the romance section for some odd reason:confused: At least they have them! B and N didn't have any FPW books at either one. I have switched to Borders since I found that out.

I switched from B&N to Borders too because Borders always had at least a few FPW titles in stock but B&N almost never did. Now I go to Borders for whatever books I'm looking for, not just FPW.

Anybody from B&N lurking here? Just a hint.... stock FPW!

(P.S. Bluesman, you might want to mention this trend to the powers-that-be at your B&N.)

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blake   09-15-2006, 12:23 PM
webby Wrote:I switched from B&N to Borders too because Borders always had at least a few FPW titles in stock but B&N almost never did.

I've seen the same problem here, and I, too, now prefer Borders over B&N. The latter here in Reno sometimes has a few FPW books, but more often they simply don't have any. I don't recall the last time I was in Borders when they didn't have at least five to ten FPW books in stock. And now, as I said, it's even better!

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
Dr. Trilobite   09-15-2006, 12:42 PM
Borders also smells better. I don't know, it's weird.
Scott Miller   09-15-2006, 12:48 PM
Dr. Trilobite Wrote:Borders also smells better. I don't know, it's weird.

Not to mention they still maintain a horror section.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Mark S.   09-15-2006, 01:41 PM
I used to work at B&N, and I say GO BORDER'S!

B&N is Evil. Not Wal-Mart Evil. Not yet. But they're getting there.
acfrogg   09-15-2006, 01:58 PM
It also really bugs me that B and N has bands playing there, it's a book store! I got to read, not for a concert!
Weatherford   09-15-2006, 03:42 PM
Now wait a minute - when Borders started (in the Philly area) they ALWAYS did concerts - usually singer/songwriter folk/jazz/traditional. Great places for CD permieres, etc... I don't remember them doing bands, however.

I LOVED hearing (and playing) the singer/songwriter/folkies and jazz artists... Or the solo guitarists - they were all great.

I think bands would simply be too much noise... Wink
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6