Pages (2): 1 2   
tooleman   09-01-2006, 01:06 AM
"Now the old feelings had bobbed to the surface and lay floating there like a murdered corpse."

Is this great........or what?

tooleman
fpw   09-01-2006, 07:54 AM
tooleman Wrote:"Now the old feelings had bobbed to the surface and lay floating there like a murdered corpse."

[SIZE="3"]Who's the author?[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Jamo   09-01-2006, 09:19 AM
tooleman Wrote:"Now the old feelings had bobbed to the surface and lay floating there like a murdered corpse."

uuhh...always so hard to translate "cool snetences" Big Grin

I trie to...

Okay, I think, I understand....but....mhm...not to cool...or I only can translate the words, but not the meaning

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
tooleman   09-12-2006, 04:51 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Who's the author?[/SIZE]
You are.........

tooleman
fpw   09-12-2006, 09:14 AM
tooleman Wrote:You are.........

[SIZE="3"]Yow. I'm blank. Where's that from?[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Jamo   09-12-2006, 09:29 AM
muahahaha Big Grin

nice ^^

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
Towka   09-13-2006, 10:26 AM
Jamo Wrote:uuhh...always so hard to translate "cool snetences" Big Grin

I trie to...

Okay, I think, I understand....but....mhm...not to cool...or I only can translate the words, but not the meaning

Remember that besides "stone-cold, sarcasm/irony-dripping, joke-cracking, hard-ass" "cool" may also be "great, fantastic, astonishing, wonderful ..."
In the latter meaning in my eyes the metaphor (?) is great.
I had the spontaneous idea of looking it up, (first book to look "all the rage", the bezerk-scene), but i remembered that in just too many books and scenes Jack puts away his friendly feelings ...
Jay #1   09-13-2006, 10:28 AM
with that in mind... every author as far as I know has a favorite line or scene that they look back on many times and enjoy yet again.

Do you have any?

fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Who's the author?[/SIZE]
cobalt   09-13-2006, 02:34 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Yow. I'm blank. Where's that from?[/SIZE]
Okay....that comment sent soda all over my lab coat, monitor and keyboard I was LOL!!!! Good thing cobalt has another lab coat............Funny!

EWMAN
KRW   09-13-2006, 08:37 PM

SPOILERS FOR THE TOMB AND NIGHT WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It must have something to do with a memory of Jacks. I'd guess Either in "The Tomb", when he was driving under the underpass where his mother died, Or in "Night World" when he met up with Kolabati on Maui.
Pages (2): 1 2