Michael Kubiak   08-03-2006, 10:03 PM
I'm about to start with the German translation of Infernal - I've translated all RJ novels into German except the first one - and came upon a small problem. In the Acknowledgments FPW thanks a certain Bob Massey for finding the "Hinkley T40". The only T40 I could find via Google is the - mark the spelling - "Hinckley T40", a Picnic Boat. Is this the object, which FPW thinks of being perfect? Perhaps somebody could enlighten me.
Ken Valentine   08-03-2006, 10:24 PM
Michael Kubiak Wrote:I'm about to start with the German translation of Infernal - I've translated all RJ novels into German except the first one - and came upon a small problem. In the Acknowledgments FPW thanks a certain Bob Massey for finding the "Hinkley T40". The only T40 I could find via Google is the - mark the spelling - "Hinckley T40", a Picnic Boat. Is this the object, which FPW thinks of being perfect? Perhaps somebody could enlighten me.

Hinckley is the correct spelling. The Talaria 40 is a 40-foot power yacht weighing 13 tons. It's not a "picnic boat." What it has is the agility and shallow draft of a picnic boat.

Hinckley's are made in Southwest Harbor, Maine, and they also make very-high-quality classic sailboats as well.

Ken V.
fpw   08-04-2006, 07:44 AM
[QUOTE=Ken Valentine]Hinckley is the correct spelling. The Talaria 40 is a 40-foot power yacht weighing 13 tons. It's not a "picnic boat." What it has is the agility and shallow draft of a picnic boat. [QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Thank you, Ken...anything BUT a picnic boat.

Welcome, Michael.

I can't believe the "c" went missing.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Scott Miller   08-04-2006, 09:59 AM
fpw Wrote:Thank you, Ken...anything BUT a picnic boat.

I gotta ask, what is a picnic boat? A pontoon type or something like that?

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Kenji   08-04-2006, 10:15 AM
Michael Kubiak Wrote:I'm about to start with the German translation of Infernal - I've translated all RJ novels into German except the first one - and came upon a small problem. In the Acknowledgments FPW thanks a certain Bob Massey for finding the "Hinkley T40". The only T40 I could find via Google is the - mark the spelling - "Hinckley T40", a Picnic Boat. Is this the object, which FPW thinks of being perfect? Perhaps somebody could enlighten me.

Welcome to the board, Michael. Are you translator? Smile
Jamo   08-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Hey Michael!

Ah, wow, makes me happy! I'm German and so I read your translations Wink
But don't worry, I think they're good Big Grin

Then I have the perfect contact person, cause I have a question: Do u know, when "Die Gruft" will be published in Germany? On amazon.de I only find "in august" but no concrete date. Yes, I already ordered it, and now I want to know when I can hold it in my hands ^^

cya

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de