Pages (8):    1 2 3 4 5 6 8   
Kenji   07-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Susan Wrote:Speaking of which...let me blow your mind...I've met Peter Weller.

Susan

Me too! Cool
jacobm   07-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Gotta agree, Princess Bride is a stop whatever you're doing and watch kind of movie. ("Inconceiveable!"-"You keep using that word...I do not think that means what you think it means"). I'm also partial to BlackHawk Dawn, The Road Warrior, and The Magnificent Seven.
webby   07-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Susan Wrote:I know what this thread needs. A wheelbarrow! You guys have mentioned some of my favorite quotes from that movie already. Here's another one, "It just so happens that your friend here is only mostly dead."

The Princess Bride is on my list too. Love it!

My other faves: The Rush Hour movies, The Fifth Element, O Brother Where Art Thou and Die Hard

"Yippie-kay-yay mother...!"

Susan

A wheelbarrow, yes, but "what I wouldn't give for a holocoust cloak..."

Big Grin

Die Hard is on my list too ("That's me... the monkey in the wrench...").

Also Demolition Man. I don't usually like Sylvester Stallone movies, but this one has enough other good stuff going on that it's definitely worth repeated viewings.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GeraldRice   07-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Maggers Wrote:What movie have you watched repeatedly, for whatever reason? It could be a guilty pleasure, could be because you love it to death, or it's just so bad you can't not watch it.

For me it's Michael Mann's "Last of the Mohicans." It's my favorite movie, PS period. I cry like a fool every time. I've seen it about 13 times so far.

I haven't seen it in about ten years, but Total Recall. I must have seen it at least 20 times. I need to just go ahead and buy it.
Susan   07-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Kenji Wrote:Me too! Cool

LOL! What are the odds? How did you meet him, Kenji?

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Scott Hajek   07-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Susan Wrote:Hunh. Coming from a Robocop geek, I'm not offended (although I do kinda like that movie too).

Speaking of which...let me blow your mind...I've met Peter Weller.

Worship at my feet, mortal!

Susan

Aren't we supposed to do that anyway? Royalty begets groveling!

Peter Weller's other classic? Buckaroo Banzai.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Terry Willacker   07-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Movies I have watched over and over:

For Me and My Gal (1942 Judy Garland and Gene Kelly)
Scrooged
Groundhog Day
Planes, trains and Automobiles
Galaxy Quest

And my wife's favorites:
The Fugitive (about 25 times)
While You were Sleeping
Maggers   07-14-2006, 03:45 PM
"Groundhog Day!" How could I forget that. I must have seen that at least a dozen times or more.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Noelie   07-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Mine used to be Braveheart...I saw it 7 times (yes, 7) at the movies, and I used to watch it every time it was on cable. But it always makes me cry, so I haven't watched it in a long time.

Others on my list:
The Godfather
Last of the Mohicans
Jaws
Seven
Love Actually
Hitch
Lord of the Rings (all 3)
Die Hard

And so many more...

Edit: You know, looking at this list, I have to wonder how many times I've seen Jaws. It came out so long ago, and I still watch it several times a year. :O

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
webby   07-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Terry Willacker Wrote:Movies I have watched over and over:

For Me and My Gal (1942 Judy Garland and Gene Kelly)
Scrooged
Groundhog Day
Planes, trains and Automobiles
Galaxy Quest

And my wife's favorites:
The Fugitive (about 25 times)
While You were Sleeping

Planes, Trains and Automobiles - every Thanksgiving!

It's Thirteen O'Clock
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pages (8):    1 2 3 4 5 6 8