Pages (8):    1 2 3 4 5 8   
Kenji   07-14-2006, 07:38 AM
Maggers Wrote:What movie have you watched repeatedly, for whatever reason?

Big Trouble in Little China:I like comedic Kurt Russell. He threw knife to Ro Pan, and when one of his followers saw Ro Pan died, then....he balloon up and blow out! I've never seen such before.Big Grin I like that scene. And when I see this movie, I repeatedly see that scene only.
"You know what Jack Burton always says... what the hell?"

A Fish Called Wanda:As I said before, this is best comedy movie ever in my life. All characters are strong personality, and all dialogues are funny. Especially, Kevin Cline's "Don't call me stupid!"

The Abyss:Still, I see this movie 7 or 8 times in a year. SFX, sound effect, actors & actresses, every factors are perfect. The battle sequences in deep sea are thrilling.
This post was last modified: 07-14-2006, 07:41 AM by Kenji.
Susan   07-14-2006, 08:55 AM
webby Wrote:"Wuv, twoo wuv" Big Grin

I know what this thread needs. A wheelbarrow! You guys have mentioned some of my favorite quotes from that movie already. Here's another one, "It just so happens that your friend here is only mostly dead."

The Princess Bride is on my list too. Love it!

My other faves: The Rush Hour movies, The Fifth Element, O Brother Where Art Thou and Die Hard

"Yippie-kay-yay mother...!"

Susan
This post was last modified: 07-14-2006, 09:00 AM by Susan.

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
cobalt   07-14-2006, 08:56 AM
I have fond memories of the first time we watched "The Princess Bride". We were on vacation in Florida, a hot day was over and we were cooling off in the pool. The hotel showed the film at pool-side. Complete with snacks + soda for the kids and drinks for the parents! When we returned home, I'll give you one guess what movie I picked up.
But my all time favorite...............is....."Dances with Wolves" It was even on late night, last night. Sappy I know, but there is something about this movie that I love.

EWMAN
Flinx   07-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Another fan of The Princess Bride here.

Other movies are;
Water
Kuffs
Notting Hill
Turk 182
Xanadu

I've got a bad habit of playing the same DVD over & over again. I will put a disc on and either watch it or just let it play in the background while I'm on the computer. Some days I'll play the same movie almost continuously all day.
I've been playing To Catch A Thief every night this week. Finally got tired of it and have started playing Lilo & Stitch
Maggers   07-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Die Hard - Every time I catch it on TV I have to stop what I'm doing and watch. Great movie.

Galaxy Quest - I own this one, but like the other movies I own, I tend not to watch them again. Just as in "Die Hard," if it's on the tube I'll drop everything and watch.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   07-14-2006, 09:55 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:Die Hard has the best villain on this planet.
100% in agreement. Best bad guy .... EVER!!!!!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Keith the Elder   07-14-2006, 09:55 AM
"Ice Station Zebra"

It seems like I have that on all the time.

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
jimbow8   07-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Maggers Wrote:Die Hard - Every time I catch it on TV I have to stop what I'm doing and watch. Great movie.

Galaxy Quest - I own this one, but like the other movies I own, I tend not to watch them again. Just as in "Die Hard," if it's on the tube I'll drop everything and watch.
I used to do that when Braveheart came on when I had pay-cable. "Oh I'll just watch this battle" or "Oh It's close to the end, I'll just watch the rest of it." 3½ hours later....... Big Grin

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Scott Hajek   07-14-2006, 10:02 AM
Susan Wrote:My other faves: The Rush Hour movies, The Fifth Element(yuck!), O Brother Where Art Thou and Die Hard

"Yippie-kay-yay mother...!"

Susan

You are lucky my opinion of you is so high.... because it just dropped a bit with your list above.Big Grin

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Susan   07-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:You are lucky my opinion of you is so high.... because it just dropped a bit with your list above.Big Grin

Hunh. Coming from a Robocop geek, I'm not offended (although I do kinda like that movie too).

Speaking of which...let me blow your mind...I've met Peter Weller.

Worship at my feet, mortal!

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Pages (8):    1 2 3 4 5 8