Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Scott Miller   06-06-2006, 01:50 AM
Can't really add much to the discussion, just wanted to say its an excellent one. Interesting, well-thought out concepts here.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
EsDub   06-26-2006, 06:23 PM
I just realized something sad and equally frustrating....

Infernal, the RJ novel to come after CrissCross (if i've gotten my titles right), doesn't come out in paperback until September.... *hangs head* and here I was thinking it came out next week... i was all excited and everything....

gah!

also, i appreciate everyone's feedback on my earlier questions. i hope it gave everyone a chance to sit back and go , "hmmmm, I hadn't thought of that."
cobalt   06-26-2006, 10:14 PM
EsDub Wrote:I just realized something sad and equally frustrating....

Infernal, the RJ novel to come after CrissCross (if i've gotten my titles right), doesn't come out in paperback until September.... *hangs head* and here I was thinking it came out next week... i was all excited and everything....

gah!

also, i appreciate everyone's feedback on my earlier questions. i hope it gave everyone a chance to sit back and go , "hmmmm, I hadn't thought of that."
Well you did and we do!
I've and idea for you EsDub................try your public library. I purchaced my copy of "Crisscross" on e-bay (sorry Bluesman!) and it was from a library. So you never know what you might find. :p

EWMAN
Susan   06-30-2006, 12:07 PM
EsDub Wrote:I've just completed reading CrissCross. I have been seeking out this piece of fiction for the better part of a year (missed it in hard cover and had to wait for paperback) and finally obtained it Wednesday May 31. It didn't take me long to get hooked and pulled back into Jack's fantastic world. It's almost a guilty pleasure. I know I really should be doing something around the house, but by god, its Sunday night/morning in the book, Jack has just plugged three, count 'em three slugs into a rotund slimeball who really could've used a whole magazine's worth of bullets, and Jack's got a plan with 73 pages left to go in the book, and that's all that really matters.... at this point, who needs sleep... sleep is highly overrated at this point and I just gotta know what's gonna happen next.... *lets out a long breath and sucks another one in* but, alas, that is neither here nor there.... and i've got a few questions for anyone who'd care to answer/comment.

EsDub,

This is easy. Cool women have dogs. And is it a coincidence that my dog, a pure white Alaskan Malamute, is the first canine featured in the series? I think not! Obviously, I've inspired Paul's story line. I mean, what else could it be?

Hehehe.

Seriously, I think people are partially correct about the mother/earth connection, but I also think it works because of the impact Jack's mother's death left on him. His mother's death "birthed" Repairman Jack, so it makes sense that a mother figure would come back to guide him in his journey.

As far as dogs, well, they are man's best friend! Dogs are non-judgmental, spiritual beings. Plus, dog is god backwards. Wink

Or maybe Paul just had a dream about a woman and a dog and decided to run with it!

Welcome to the board!

Susan
[Image: miowithhat2.gif]
This post was last modified: 06-30-2006, 12:12 PM by Susan.

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
luthie2   06-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Susan Wrote:EsDub,

This is easy. Cool women have dogs. And is it a coincidence that my dog, a pure white Alaskan Malamute, is the first canine featured in the series? I think not! Obviously, I've inspired Paul's story line. I mean, what else could it be?

Hehehe.

Seriously, I think people are partially correct about the mother/earth connection, but I also think it works because of the impact Jack's mother's death left on him. His mother's death "birthed" Repairman Jack, so it makes sense that a mother figure would come back to guide him in his journey.

As far as dogs, well, they are man's best friend! Dogs are non-judgmental, spiritual beings. Plus, dog is god backwards. Wink

Or maybe Paul just had a dream about a woman and a dog and decided to run with it!

Welcome to the board!

Susan
[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="4"]
TOO CUTE!!!!!! Smile[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Silverfish   06-30-2006, 01:09 PM
Rabbits are constantly popping up in James Alan Gardner's works.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
KRW   06-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Susan Wrote:EsDub,

Hehehe.

Welcome to the board!

Susan

Cool picture Susan! My dog can't stand to have his picture taken, let alone pose AND wear a hat!

Ken
Susan   06-30-2006, 09:31 PM
KRW Wrote:Cool picture Susan! My dog can't stand to have his picture taken, let alone pose AND wear a hat!

Ken

LOL! That shot was taken years ago. I had just come home after meeting Paul for the first time at the World Fantasy Convention in Corpus Cristi, TX.

They were giving those hats away and I went home and put it on my dog. But he kept wanting to chew on it, so needless to say, there was so Photoshop magic involved! So don't feel bad!

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Maggers   06-30-2006, 09:36 PM
Susan Wrote:... there was so Photoshop magic involved!
Susan

LOL, Susanita! Never give away your secrets!

I agree about dogs. I miss them madly and wish I could have one now, but my building doesn't allow them. My cats are wonderful, but my heart thumps for dogs. I never had kids but I did have lots of dog children. Loved them all and forever.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

cobalt   07-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Susan,
What a great looking dog! None of my dogs like it whan I try to put a hat or a t-shirt on them. There was this one time we tried to put a sweater on Mollie our Weim. because it was winter and very cold.............she would have none of that! The only thing the "guys" allow are their collars and a bandana. Dignity in the dog world after all!

EWMAN
Pages (3):    1 2 3