Pages (2): 1 2   
KRW   05-22-2006, 10:52 PM
I have never seen a movie start of so intense! The first minute has you hanging on the edge of your seat saying, "Wait a minute, you CAN'T start a movie like this"!!! Oh, but they did! And the sense of forboding, of not wanting to know what happened (but that little voice in your head saying, I can take it) carries through the entire movie! Intense!!!! I've not been thrilled with Tom Cruise as a person for some time, for reasons we all know. But he's one hell of an actor! I don't think I've ever seen him play a part with as much emotion as he portrayed in this movie. It's got all the cool spy gadgets and effects we know and love, but we see an Ethan Hunt that's grounded with a close personal relationship. It was much better than I had thought it would be, I'm glad my dad dragged me to it!

KRW
Tempest   05-23-2006, 12:01 AM
I have to totally agree with ya....MI:III was an absolute blast from start to finish. I've heard of non-stop action before, but I hadn't really experienced until I saw this movie. The plot has some rather large holes in it, but you just won't have time to realize it until after its over. A great movie all around.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Kenji   05-23-2006, 08:52 AM
MI-II was worst movie. But I'm really looking forward to this Part 3. MI-II's director was John Woo. That was BIG mistake! But this time, MI-III's director, J.J. Abrams is creator of ALIAS and LOST. He has good talents. I assure nobody complain to him.

In Japan, we can see it in July. Ah......I can't wait! Smile
KRW   05-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Kenji Wrote:MI-II was worst movie. But I'm really looking forward to this Part 3. MI-II's director was John Woo. That was BIG mistake! But this time, MI-III's director, J.J. Abrams is creator of ALIAS and LOST. He has good talents. I assure nobody complain to him.

In Japan, we can see it in July. Ah......I can't wait! Smile

You'll like this one Kenji! It seemed like half of the audiance was setting on the edge of their seats and the other half was biting their fingernails!Smile

Ken
law dawg   05-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Tempest Wrote:I have to totally agree with ya....MI:III was an absolute blast from start to finish. I've heard of non-stop action before, but I hadn't really experienced until I saw this movie. The plot has some rather large holes in it, but you just won't have time to realize it until after its over. A great movie all around.
Excellent tactics for the shooters, especially the scene where he is attempting the rescue. Very nicely done.
Kenji   06-24-2006, 10:49 AM
KRW Wrote:You'll like this one Kenji! It seemed like half of the audiance was setting on the edge of their seats and the other half was biting their fingernails!Smile

Ken

You were absolutely right!

Today I saw MI-III and I thought "THIS IS TRUE MISSION IMPOSSIBLE! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!". From the opening scene to last scene, my adrenalin raced through my body. J.J. Abrams did great work! He is indeed creator of "Alias" and "Lost". He knew real thrill and entertainment. Sidney is always doing diving jump from roof, so the scene of Ethan Hunt's jump to next building reminded me of Alias. That was nice action!

Oh, and Philip Seymour Hoffman's bad guy was excellent. I haven't seen his "Capote" yet (I saw trailer), but I can't believe he is same actor who played Capote.

If they make Part 4, I would like to see the movie which J.J. Abrams directed again. And I wish Jennifer Garner doing appearances to Part4 as Sidney Blistow. Ethan Hunt and Sidney Blistow.....it would be a great and perfect team. Smile
Jay #1   06-26-2006, 11:54 AM
I stopped watching the series half-way through the first Mission Impossible
Scott Miller   11-04-2006, 11:47 AM
KRW Wrote:I have never seen a movie start of so intense! The first minute has you hanging on the edge of your seat saying, "Wait a minute, you CAN'T start a movie like this"!!! Oh, but they did! And the sense of forboding, of not wanting to know what happened (but that little voice in your head saying, I can take it) carries through the entire movie! Intense!!!! I've not been thrilled with Tom Cruise as a person for some time, for reasons we all know. But he's one hell of an actor! I don't think I've ever seen him play a part with as much emotion as he portrayed in this movie. It's got all the cool spy gadgets and effects we know and love, but we see an Ethan Hunt that's grounded with a close personal relationship. It was much better than I had thought it would be, I'm glad my dad dragged me to it!

KRW

Amen to that; MI III rocked from one of the most intense opening scenes ever all the way through the end. It managed to avoid too much over-the-top action and stayed gritty. If you can get by the Tom Cruise factor, a big if for many I realize, adrenaline fueled viewing awaits.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
XamberB   11-04-2006, 11:58 AM
I loved the old Mission Impossible TV series. I dislike Cruise, but I tried to watch Mission Impossible I and it was so bad I turned it off. Maybe I'll try to see this one.

Hazel Stone
(A true, blue Fan)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. RAH
Scott Miller   11-04-2006, 12:05 PM
XamberB Wrote:I loved the old Mission Impossible TV series. I dislike Cruise, but I tried to watch Mission Impossible I and it was so bad I turned it off. Maybe I'll try to see this one.

This was much better than the first two film efforts. I thought the first was silly and the second was way too over-the-top, the third seemed to strike the right balance. I think KRW hit it on the head, it was much more personal than the previous movies.

That said, it is what it is-an action movie that aims to thrill so realism checks out on a couple of occasions and it probably won't stand up to any seriious dissection.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Pages (2): 1 2