Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6
Peter   05-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Oh, I have become death, the shatterer of worlds. My two favouritest people on the board and they are at loggerheads with each other and to some small degree it seems to be my fault.

Maggers, if I made light (and in my heart I know I did) of your complaint I apolgise.

Bluesman, Maggers mind is made up and ( a word to the wise) I would suggesting leaving it there for the time being. And anyway I never offered you money for the seat!

At this point it seems best I get my coat....
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Peter Wrote:Oh, I have become death, the shatterer of worlds. My two favouritest people on the board and they are at loggerheads with each other and to some small degree it seems to be my fault.

Maggers, if I made light (and in my heart I know I did) of your complaint I apolgise.

Bluesman, Maggers mind is made up and ( a word to the wise) I would suggesting leaving it there for the time being. And anyway I never offered you money for the seat!

At this point it seems best I get my coat....

No big huhu, Peter! I'm sure that on 6/1, at the event at my store,
Maggers will take my picture with Paul, and I'll take hers. And I'm looking forward to meeting her friends.
KRW   05-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:No big huhu, Peter! I'm sure that on 6/1, at the event at my store,
Maggers will take my picture with Paul, and I'll take hers. And I'm looking forward to meeting her friends.

Damn good and damn right! Just because the store you work for sucks:p , doesn't mean that we can't come together when FPW's in town. Got to have priorities!

KRW
jimbow8   05-07-2006, 11:19 PM
I just bought a watch through Amazon.com (through one of their related vendors - Chelsea Watch). MSRP was $49.99, I found it at local stores for $41.99, and I got it through Amazon for $27.99 (+ 4.95 for S&H).

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-08-2006, 11:37 AM
KRW Wrote:Damn good and damn right! Just because the store you work for sucks:p , doesn't mean that we can't come together when FPW's in town. Got to have priorities!

KRW

Now, Ken. Let's apply Vulcan logic here. KIRK: "Spock, what are the odds that anything connected with Bluesman Mike could ...suck?" SPOCK: "I have never computed them, Captain. However, I have heard a tape of the bluesman's old band, the Plizmos." KIRK: "Spock...did they...suck?" SPOCK: "As a human philosopher once observed, 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder.' But I can report this. Our Special Intelligence once smuggled a drycool copy of the Plizmos' music onto a Klingon ship, and piped it throughout the vessel. The Klingon captain dove his ship into the nearest star." McCOY: "That bad, Spock?" SPOCK: "Actually, Doctor, I found many of their tunes quite refreshing. The apotheosis of human musical and lyrical chaos. Fascinating. I would whistle one for you, but..." KIRK and McCOY: "Vulcans don't whistle!" SPOCK: "Certainly not Plizmos' songs. Vulcans =do= have standards."
This post was last modified: 05-08-2006, 11:52 AM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
KRW   05-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Now, Ken. Let's apply Vulcan logic here. KIRK: "Spock, what are the odds that anything connected with Bluesman Mike could ...suck?" SPOCK: "I have never computed them, Captain. However, I have heard a tape of the bluesman's old band, the Plizmos." KIRK: "Spock...did they...suck?" SPOCK: "As a human philosopher once observed, 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder.' But I can report this. Our Special Intelligence once smuggled a drycool copy of the Plizmos' music onto a Klingon ship, and piped it throughout the vessel. The Klingon captain dove his ship into the nearest star." McCOY: "That bad, Spock?" SPOCK: "Actually, Doctor, I found many of their tunes quite refreshing. The apotheosis of human musical and lyrical chaos. Fascinating. I would whistle one for you, but..." KIRK and McCOY: "Vulcans don't whistle!" SPOCK: "Certainly not Plizmos' songs. Vulcans =do= have standards."

LOL!!! What star date was this conversation? I can't find it in the captains' log. Are you sure you haven't been eating tribbles again? They are hullucinagins ya know. Akin to magic mushrooms they are, only sweeter!

KRW
Peter   05-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Ahhh, Star Trek, of which The Next Generation and Voyager are just shadows. My favourite episode is the one where Kirk falls in love with the girl and then Kirk and McCoy take the piss out of Spock. What do you mean that was all of them?

Actually I really do think the original was best, even on the limited budget they had.
KRW   05-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Peter Wrote:Ahhh, Star Trek, of which The Next Generation and Voyager are just shadows. My favourite episode is the one where Kirk falls in love with the girl and then Kirk and McCoy take the piss out of Spock. What do you mean that was all of them?

Actually I really do think the original was best, even on the limited budget they had.

Agreed, I love "The Arena" episode. It made a lot more sense when I read it though. I've been impressed with how much more the original series was able to do with their limited budget. Amazing!! Maybe it had more to do with the way the actors associated with each other. But I still have a soft spot (somewhere) for "The Next Generation".

KRW
kurrgan   05-11-2006, 10:15 AM
I would have to say my favorite original episode of Trek was "Mirror, Mirror" followed closely by "The Devil in the Dark" where McCoy has my all time favorite phrases 1- "Damnit Jim im a doctor not a bricklayer" then after he is able to fix the Horta he proclaims "By God Jim im beginning to think i could cure a rainy day"

next in line is a tie between "City on the Edge of Forever" and "A Piece of the Action" and my favorite card fame "Fizban"
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6