Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Maggers   04-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Peter Wrote:...Maggers, I was just taken aback at how strongly you felt, and they say Italians are emotional!
I'm passionate, what can I say. I'm surprised at how angry I am about that store. The old saying, if it ain't broke don't fix it, certainly applies here.

Quote:...interesting thought, Maggers dancing on tables?
Long ago, in a galaxy far away, I danced on a table or two. But it was the '70's. Everyone was wild and crazy.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

KRW   04-27-2006, 11:11 PM
Peter Wrote:Thank you both. Ken, as a small business man (garage owner) myself I know exactly what you mean but it was very well put. Maggers, I was just taken aback at how strongly you felt, and they Italians are emotional!

Over here pissed usually means drunk (as in when I get drunk I get DRUNK!), interesting thought, Maggers dancing on tables?

Oh Lancias, if youre interested I have two Thema turbos, both somewhat tuned but one more than the other. Terrific cars if you can maintain them yourself but too expensive to keep going otherwise. The year before last I did 123 miles through France in exactly one hour, in the slower one of the two and my passenger slept the whole time! Havent enjoyed myself so much since the first time I

Oh, the keyboard seems to have packed up. Oh well.

I'm small business too. I try to keep my prices right in the middle. But I find when I quote a price for the wealthy, they go with someone else because I'm to cheap! Oh well, I know my target base. And when I come across the person on a budget that NEEDS shade, I make it fit their budget. (but that also gives me the wrong reputation too) I can't win, but I sleep at night!Smile

KRW
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Maggers Wrote:I'm passionate, what can I say. I'm surprised at how angry I am about that store. The old saying, if it ain't broke don't fix it, certainly applies here.

Long ago, in a galaxy far away, I danced on a table or two. But it was the '70's. Everyone was wild and crazy.

Sob...sob...sniffle...as the representative of B&N Lincoln Triangle on this board, I can see only one path to my honor... (THE BLUESMAN LIFTS A LOUISVILLE SLUGGER IN A TREMBLING HAND. THE MUSCLES IN HIS SCRAWNY RIGHT ARM TENSE AS HE PREPARES TO BEAT HIMSELF TO DEATH. BUT A DOOR IN HEAVEN OPENS AND RADIANT LIGHT SHINES THROUGH. SUDDENLY, THE BLUESMAN UNDERSTANDS: IT IS NOT YET HIS TIME TO FACE ETERNITY.) Nah! Later for that action! I haven't read HARBINGERS yet! (ENTRANCED ANEW WITH GOD'S CREATION,THE BLUESMAN DROPS THE LOUISVILLE SLUGGER. THE BAT, OF COURSE, FALLS ON HIS FOOT.)
This post was last modified: 04-30-2006, 08:08 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-29-2006, 07:57 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:Discount?............twitch..........twitch..........poor cobalt, she could use discount, yas she could..........twitch...twitch.......

if poor cobalt visits my store while I am working, I will apply my discount to anything she wants to buy.
cobalt   04-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:if poor cobalt visits my store while I am working, I will apply my discount to anything she wants to buy.
Poor cobalt says to thank the Bluesman..........twitch.....twitch

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Maggers Wrote:I hate to say it Mike, but I'm boycotting your store. Since they revamped the first floor and now have only one measily stand with fewer than a handful of what you now call "mass market paperbacks," I refuse to shop there. I want the freedom of running in and out of the first floor with the very convenient pocketbook-sized (so named because they fit in your pocket) paperbacks readily available. The new layout on your first floor is overflowing with the more expensive "trade paperback" books. They cost easily $5 more than pocketbooks. I don't want that size. Give me my now seemingly old-fashioned pocketbooks.

I generally don't have time to schlep to the 2nd floor to see what's hot in new paperbacks, so I'm shopping elsewhere. It's a shame. The old layout of the first floor B&N at Lincoln Center was great. They took a good thing and made it bad, IMO.

Now Maggers, let's think here... If you're still boycotting and blockading B&N Lincoln Triangle (history will ask if you even =tried= to get a Security Council consensus), does that mean I can't reserve your front row seat for you on June 1st when Paul will be there to greet his loyal fans? If so, I'll give him your best regards, and try to explain that for wonderful Maggers, principle comes first!Wink
Maggers   04-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Now Maggers, let's think here... If you're still boycotting and blockading B&N Lincoln Triangle (history will ask if you even =tried= to get a Security Council consensus), does that mean I can't reserve your front row seat for you on June 1st when Paul will be there to greet his loyal fans? If so, I'll give him your best regards, and try to explain that for wonderful Maggers, principle comes first!Wink
I'll be there to see Paul again and introduce a couple of friends.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Maggers Wrote:I'll be there to see Paul again and introduce a couple of friends.

Damn good and damn right! Looking forward to seeing you, and meeting your friends.
This post was last modified: 04-30-2006, 10:31 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Peter   05-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Just wish I could be there too, if only to see you two fight about the stairs! Sorry Maggers, you know I love you but, well, stairs? Still cant quite get my head round that one....
jimbow8   05-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Peter Wrote:Just wish I could be there too, if only to see you two fight about the stairs! Sorry Maggers, you know I love you but, well, stairs? Still cant quite get my head round that one....
I believe the issue was TIME, not STAIRS.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6