Brianmack5   06-05-2004, 08:24 PM
I am confused as to the book Freak show. if you follow FPW's chronological order he says to read this book. And now for the question, does he mean the whole book or just the intro which he wrote?

Any help would be great.
Brian
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Brianmack5 Wrote:I am confused as to the book Freak show. if you follow FPW's chronological order he says to read this book. And now for the question, does he mean the whole book or just the intro which he wrote?

Any help would be great.
Brian

I think he meant to read the stories in the book in order--i.e., don't skip around. Worked for me, anyway.
SDSwami   06-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Freak Show was wrote by many different authors but it is a real story to it. It is one of the most original stories I've read and was really fun to read.
fpw   06-06-2004, 09:56 AM
Brianmack5 Wrote:I am confused as to the book Freak show. if you follow FPW's chronological order he says to read this book. And now for the question, does he mean the whole book or just the intro which he wrote?

Let me see if I can get this right (I don't feel like pulling out the book). FREAK SHOW ends about a year after Gateways. It's an adjunct to the AC/RJ timeline. Oz Prather apears in All the Rage but that occurs before the events of Freak Show.

As for Freak Show itself, yes, read the stories in order. They build on each other; characters are borrowed from story to story and appear in the my interstitial material. As far as I know, it's the only anthology to ever do that; it's probably the most labor-intensive anthology ever done (took about a year out of my life). And if you have a chance to get hold of the Borderlands hardcover edition, do so. It's a truly beautiful book, plus it differs from the pb because of the illustrations (by Phil Parks) that I integrated into the text. I don't know if anyone has ever done that before.

If was a finalist for the World Fantasy Award but lost out to ?

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
SteveBlack   06-06-2004, 02:17 PM
MetaHorror?
This post was last modified: 06-06-2004, 02:21 PM by SteveBlack.
fpw   06-06-2004, 05:13 PM
SteveBlack Wrote:MetaHorror?

I believe you are correct.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
SteveBlack   06-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Heh, heh!!
Ain't Google great Wink

Steve

BTW Paul - I just finished All the Rage last night. Well done!!!! Best RJ book so far! Now to get Hosts........