jhajeski   02-14-2006, 04:58 PM
OK, so I asked my physician (Dr. FPW) what he thought were the hardest FPW items to find (rare, out-of-prints, oddball items, etc). He suggested I post to the forum to get everyone's input. So, looking to build a "Top 10 list" of hardest-to-find F. Paul Wilson collectibles. I just found a "new" copy of the 1990 World Fantasy Convention program last week, which is what made me think to ask the queston. I think that might go somewhere on the list.
Kenji   02-14-2006, 05:30 PM
jhajeski Wrote:OK, so I asked my physician (Dr. FPW) what he thought were the hardest FPW items to find (rare, out-of-prints, oddball items, etc). He suggested I post to the forum to get everyone's input. So, looking to build a "Top 10 list" of hardest-to-find F. Paul Wilson collectibles. I just found a "new" copy of the 1990 World Fantasy Convention program last week, which is what made me think to ask the queston. I think that might go somewhere on the list.

The Keep(Kadokawa edition)
The Tomb(Sankei bunko edition)
Implant
Select
Black Wind
Dydeetown World
Touch
Predators(Ed Gorman edition. FPW's "Slasher" included)
Shock Rock(FPW's "Bob Dylan, Troi Johnson, and the Speed Queen" included)

Those books are OUT-OF-PRINTS!
Anders Monsen   02-15-2006, 01:11 AM
Kenji Wrote:The Keep(Kadokawa edition)
The Tomb(Sankei bunko edition)
Implant
Select
Black Wind
Dydeetown World
Touch
Predators(Ed Gorman edition. FPW's "Slasher" included)
Shock Rock(FPW's "Bob Dylan, Troi Johnson, and the Speed Queen" included)

Those books are OUT-OF-PRINTS!

I believe reprints are in the works for some of these. I'd add the two collections, Soft & Others and The Barrens & Others. Was the Easton Press edition the only hardcover of Dydeetown?

Anders
Hoping for a new collection soon...
Kenji   02-15-2006, 07:23 AM
Anders Monsen Wrote:I believe reprints are in the works for some of these. I'd add the two collections, Soft & Others and The Barrens & Others.

Ah......well, I described about Japanese edition. Fortunately, I have them except "Predators". Sometimes when I went to used book store, I try to find it. I don't know why, FPW's original(English) books are not available in Japan. Any books! "Soft & Others" and "The Barrens & Others", those Japanese editions are not publishing yet. Fortunately, Medusa and Scott sent them to me, so I could enjoy them!

Quote:Was the Easton Press edition the only hardcover of Dydeetown?

I don't know. By the way, in Japan, FPW's books are all soft covers, except "The Select" and "Implant".
I hope Japanese publishers make RJ books hard cover.

Quote:Anders
Hoping for a new collection soon...

Good luck! Smile
SteveBlack   02-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Easton was the only HC of Dydeetown World

Hard to find would include:

Gauntlet's "The Haunted Air"
Whispers' "The Tomb"
Fiction 4 (He Shall Be John) - very rare! I have another copy for sale!

I'm still after proofs of The Touch, the Jove paperback proofs of Reborn & Reprisal. Also looking for proofs of Dark Harvest's Reprisal & Reborn. Also Conspiracies & Hosts proofs from Gauntlet!
If anyone wants a trade........

cheers
Steve
Biggles   02-16-2006, 07:07 PM
jhajeski Wrote:OK, so I asked my physician (Dr. FPW) what he thought were the hardest FPW items to find (rare, out-of-prints, oddball items, etc). He suggested I post to the forum to get everyone's input. So, looking to build a "Top 10 list" of hardest-to-find F. Paul Wilson collectibles. I just found a "new" copy of the 1990 World Fantasy Convention program last week, which is what made me think to ask the queston. I think that might go somewhere on the list.

So Paul's your doctor? I wonder if any other of his patients are on the board. I never had the "patients" Big Grin to be a doctor.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
fpw   02-16-2006, 07:49 PM
See the "Day-After-Valentine’s-Day present" thread for a new collectible to make you completists crazy.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Keith the Elder   02-17-2006, 10:47 AM
fpw Wrote:See the "Day-After-Valentine’s-Day present" thread for a new collectible to make you completists crazy.

But you ate the chocolates.

I'd a had 'em embedded in lucite.

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Kenji   03-28-2006, 10:29 AM
Today, at last I found out "hardest find" anthology, "Predators". Edited by Ed Gorman and Martin H. Greenberg. All authors are great personnel. But the reason of most I wanted to get it, because I wanted to read FPW's short story. The title is "恩讐(On-shu)". I didn't know the English title until I see the book. But...English title was "Slasher". Ah! I read it in "The Barrens and Others"!

Well,........okay, I'll re-read it in Japanese. Anyway, Besides, I have curiosity to other stories too. "Hardshell" by Dean Koontz, "The Ecology of Reptiles" by John Coyne, "The Roadside Scalpel" by Thomas F. Monteleone, etc etc...