Pages (2):    1 2
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-07-2004, 04:30 PM
Sam Wrote:I had an unpleasant experience with a paranoid schizophrenic once many years ago. Working night shift, ALONE (no joke) at my job, and the guy was there in the store for about 3 hours before the police was finally notified by a customer. Nice fellow, but worrying about anything that I may say or do to set him off and listening to him tell jokes to inanimate objects such as the coffee maker and a life-size cardboard Coors Light Elvira (it was Halloween time to boot, I'm not making this up!!) was enough to make me a nervous wreck. Yes, it IS very scary indeed.
P.S. After a talk with my boss, 2 people were always scheduled on nights from then on.

Were they good jokes? Maybe they guy was practicing his stand-up routine in a stress-free environment. No?...well...I didn't =really= think so...
Sam   06-08-2004, 03:45 AM
Unfortunately the jokes were corny as far as I can recall. I do remember one about a woman and Goliath...something to do with "looking up to him" as the punch line. He thought it was very funny. Elvira didn't because her smile remained the same. Nice of her to smile anyway, don't you think? He should do his stand up in halfway houses like the one he walked out of. I'm sure the drugs they're given make everything funny. Add some foul language to his act and he could be the next Loony Bruce, ... er, Lenny Bruce.
Gerald Rice   06-09-2004, 01:18 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I've always liked Bill Paxton also. A Simple Plan was a good movie (and book), but my favorite role of Paxton's is Near Dark. This is my possibly my favorite vampire movie of all time.

I just watched Near Dark again, recently and it sucked. It's one of those I enjoyed when I was younger, but as I matured it wasn't as good. ***SPOILER***
So what his father injected pure blood into him. How is that a cure? I mean, when they drink blood it winds up there anyway. There are cool parts, but on the whole I don't enjoy it as much as I used to.
jimbow8   06-09-2004, 01:36 PM
Gerald Rice Wrote:I just watched Near Dark again, recently and it sucked. It's one of those I enjoyed when I was younger, but as I matured it wasn't as good. ***SPOILER***
So what his father injected pure blood into him. How is that a cure? I mean, when they drink blood it winds up there anyway. There are cool parts, but on the whole I don't enjoy it as much as I used to.
The bar scene alone is enough to make that movie worthwhile.

And how a vampire receive the blood is crucial to the process. For instance, in Midnight Mass, sucking the blood directly from a person's neck "turns" a person into a vampire but having it drip from the person into a vampire's mouth does not. Explain that! Conversely, maybe the method of transfusion could "turn" a person back from being a vampire. Its all in which mythology you go by.

Question for Paul
In doing research for Midnight Mass did you come across anything that attempts to explain which part of the process actually "turns" a person? Is it the insertion of the teeth into the body or what?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Pages (2):    1 2