Pages (15):    1 2 3 4 5 6 15   
neotank   01-22-2006, 08:53 PM
I know I may seem a little twisted by saying this...

But when Ekko sliced the throats of those two guys with one swing of his blade I was like...

"Sweeeeeeeeeeet."
fpw   01-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Is it just me, or is the show getting too soap opera-ish?

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Marc   01-26-2006, 12:22 PM
fpw Wrote:Is it just me, or is the show getting too soap opera-ish?

It was a rather weak episode. I'm just hoping it's a hiccup since we're in the middle of the season. Next weeks looks rather good.

And, maybe I'm starting to show my 27 years, but do women really ask questions like, "You hitting that?"

Anyway my theory on why they wrote this episode: Claire's baby is going to be taken which will push Claire back to Charlie because he knew it was coming. And I can see a line delivered such as "You said they'd take him! How did you KNOW?!"

That's my theory at least.
Scott Hajek   01-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Marc B. Wrote:It was a rather weak episode. I'm just hoping it's a hiccup since we're in the middle of the season. Next weeks looks rather good.

And, maybe I'm starting to show my 27 years, but do women really ask questions like, "You hitting that?"

Anyway my theory on why they wrote this episode: Claire's baby is going to be taken which will push Claire back to Charlie because he knew it was coming. And I can see a line delivered such as "You said they'd take him! How did you KNOW?!"

That's my theory at least.

Maybe the whole idea of being a good person comes into play, and the "baptism" of Claire and Aaron will encourage The Others into taking them.

I was more bothered by Locke's extreme violence toward Charlie. Why did he need to beat him like that?

As far as showing age? I remember the first times I heard the phrase "Five by Five." It was on Buffy and I did not understand. And, the phrase "My Bad"? My lack of understanding was compounded because I saw it for the first time as sub-titles in the premiere episode of South Park. I thought it was a typo.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Marc   01-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:I was more bothered by Locke's extreme violence toward Charlie. Why did he need to beat him like that?

Now that didn't bother me at all. Locke has been a very patient friend to Charlie, given him numerous chances, and yet Charlie messed up. Charlie has started to look a little more insane towards the Claire and the baby lately and I think starting the fire to take the baby (endangering the entire camp in the process) was the final straw.

Haven't you ever had a friend that messed up several times and you wished you could beat some sense into that person? Well, Locke did.
Scott Hajek   01-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Now that didn't bother me at all. Locke has been a very patient friend to Charlie, given him numerous chances, and yet Charlie messed up. Charlie has started to look a little more insane towards the Claire and the baby lately and I think starting the fire to take the baby (endangering the entire camp in the process) was the final straw.

Haven't you ever had a friend that messed up several times and you wished you could beat some sense into that person? Well, Locke did.

One good smack would have done it. Not three. And the stitches? That looked more painful than the beating.

I do agree that he needed a good smacking, especially after putting the entire camp in danger. But, it just makes Locke more dangerous in actuality rather than perception.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
saynomore   01-26-2006, 03:35 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:One good smack would have done it. Not three. And the stitches? That looked more painful than the beating.

I do agree that he needed a good smacking, especially after putting the entire camp in danger. But, it just makes Locke more dangerous in actuality rather than perception.

Since this was a biblical episode, three smacks signified the holy trinity; so, Locke was actually blessing him. Note, Charlie needed three stitches. And Hurley weighs three hundred pounds. The signs are there, folks. Look for them, especially when you've nothing better to do during a boring episode.

AC

P.S. My vhs recorder cut off when Locke was placing the Mary statuettes on the shelf. Did I miss anything of significance after this scene other than the previews for next week? Thanks ahead of time.
Scott Hajek   01-26-2006, 03:42 PM
saynomore Wrote:Since this was a biblical episode, three smacks signified the holy trinity; so, Locke was actually blessing him. Note, Charlie needed three stitches. And Hurley weighs three hundred pounds. The signs are there, folks. Look for them, especially when you've nothing better to do during a boring episode.

AC

P.S. My vhs recorder cut off when Locke was placing the Mary statuettes on the shelf. Did I miss anything of significance after this scene other than the previews for next week? Thanks ahead of time.

I didn't see that before. And, YOU used three examples. The signs are even here!

The only thing of significance is that Locke changed the combination again and put the statues on the shelf. If he was so concerned about Charlie that he needed to make a decision for him, why did he keep the heroin? Is Locke a junkie, too?

Scott Hajek

saynomore   01-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:I didn't see that before. And, YOU used three examples. The signs are even here!

The only thing of significance is that Locke changed the combination again and put the statues on the shelf. If he was so concerned about Charlie that he needed to make a decision for him, why did he keep the heroin? Is Locke a junkie, too?

I thought maybe he was planning to use it on the "others" like a Micky Finn.

AC
mike36799   01-26-2006, 04:18 PM
I watched last night's show, and I could have sworn a week ago they announced someone would die. Now, obviously it wasn't this week, so anyone know what week that is coming into play?

"I have the key to One-Eyed-Willy."
Pages (15):    1 2 3 4 5 6 15