Pages (15): 1 2 3 4 5 15   
Medusa   01-12-2006, 12:25 AM
That was a pretty good episode. I really like Eko. Keep him - get rid of Ana. But Charlie . . . uh oh.
fpw   01-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Yeah, Eko has a fascinating backstory, but I want more of the island's backstory -- can we get to that, please?

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Marc   01-12-2006, 11:15 AM
*SPOILERS*

Highlight to read.

Anyone want to take a guess at what the black smoke was? My theory is that it's nano-technology: tiny robots that work as a collective to monitor and defend the island. When we passed through the smoke it sounded like motors and with the flashing lights it reminded me of flashbulbs from cameras.

End spoilers.
fpw   01-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Great theory, Mark. But if so, it's ripping of Crichton's Prey.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
fpw   01-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Holy crap! Someone just sent me frame shots from the smoke in last night's episode. It's filled with faces. And I think the last one is Walt's

FPW
FAQ
Marc   01-12-2006, 01:03 PM
fpw Wrote:Holy crap! Someone just sent me frame shots from the smoke in last night's episode. It's filled with faces. And I think the last one is Walt's

Could you post it here? I'd love to see this!
fpw   01-12-2006, 01:11 PM
I'll send them to you and see what you can do.

FPW
FAQ
Marc   01-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Click on the following links to see each photo:

Photo 01
Photo 02
Photo 03
Photo 04
Photo 05
Photo 06
Photo 07
Photo 08
Photo 09
Photo 10
Photo 11

Now, I don't see Walt, but this is still very cool none-the-less.
Lisa   01-12-2006, 02:25 PM
I don't see anything except for black. Sad Stupid old monitor.

I thought it might be some kind of time portal or something. I dunno.

Lisa
Scott Hajek   01-12-2006, 02:32 PM
All of the images I looked at were scenes from the flashback to Eko's childhood. The old lady, the man executed, the crucifix from the church. I didn't see Walt. My guess is that the "smoke" was probing Eko's memories and either didn't like what it saw, or it was scared of him. I know I was for a while.

All in all, a great episode. It seems that they've borrowed something from the RJ progression... there are no coincidences.

From a comparative acting view, Eko's tears were more believeable than Ana Lucia's. I knew what he would find in the plane, but it was still sad.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Pages (15): 1 2 3 4 5 15