Pages (15):    1 2 3 4 5 15   
fpw   01-12-2006, 04:24 PM
I thought I saw Walt in #10, but maybe it's someone else.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Scott Hajek   01-12-2006, 05:15 PM
fpw Wrote:I thought I saw Walt in #10, but maybe it's someone else.

That's Eko holding his brother just after he was shot and before the body was put on the plane.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Medusa   01-12-2006, 06:48 PM
I could've sworn I saw Rose in No. 8 I think. I thought I saw Michael too.
DaveStrorm   01-12-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm with Scott. The only images I'm positive I can make out are from Eko's backstory.

Reading memories seems like a good bet based on this small amount of evidence. Now can we get some shots of the previous episode(s) with the smoke? I'd be curious to know if there is anything to see in those.
This post was last modified: 01-12-2006, 07:59 PM by DaveStrorm.
Susan   01-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Last night's episode was awesome. I loved it! Eko is one bad ass MoFo. Loved the complexity of his character and the real emotion he can convey. And I knew there was something in the smoke, but no matter how many times I paused my DVR, I couldn't see what it was. Thanks Paul and Marc for posting those screen captures.

Scott Hajek Wrote:All of the images I looked at were scenes from the flashback to Eko's childhood. The old lady, the man executed, the crucifix from the church. I didn't see Walt. My guess is that the "smoke" was probing Eko's memories and either didn't like what it saw, or it was scared of him. I know I was for a while.

Hey, that's exactly what I thought! I have a pretty nifty "wide screen" computer monitor and I could see things clearly. It was all scenes from Eko's life as we saw it in flashbacks. I think the smoke represents past fears and if you stand up to them, you can survive them.

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Marc   01-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Susan Wrote:Hey, that's exactly what I thought! I have a pretty nifty "wide screen" computer monitor and I could see things clearly. It was all scenes from Eko's life as we saw it in flashbacks. I think the smoke represents past fears and if you stand up to them, you can survive them.

I like that theory. It holds wauta'. Big Grin
Don B   01-13-2006, 01:18 AM
Medusa Wrote:That was a pretty good episode. I really like Eko. Keep him - get rid of Ana. But Charlie . . . uh oh.

Yes, it was a good episode. I agree with everyone else about Eko, he is a great character, and Charlie seems to be in for a rough road. But I guess I am in the minority about Ana Lucia, she doesn't rub me wrong. I wonder if this is a male/female thing - that she is a woman other women can't stand. There are so many interesting characters that I don't think the writers dropped the ball on hers. Also, I was a late-comer to the series and though I am fairly up to speed I still miss certain references, such as Jack recognizing Ana Lucia's name before the two groups reunited. Was this explained? I love the black smoke, another mystery. I hope this series is able to pull it all together in a satisfactory way.
Lisa   01-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Don B Wrote:Also, I was a late-comer to the series and though I am fairly up to speed I still miss certain references, such as Jack recognizing Ana Lucia's name before the two groups reunited. Was this explained?

Jack and Ana Lucia met at a bar in the airport before the flight.

Lisa
APhew   01-13-2006, 02:11 PM
Don B Wrote:But I guess I am in the minority about Ana Lucia, she doesn't rub me wrong. I wonder if this is a male/female thing - that she is a woman other women can't stand. There are so many interesting characters that I don't think the writers dropped the ball on hers.

I simply don't like Michele Rodriquez as an actress, nevermind her character in "Lost". She has that stupid (IMO) expression she makes in all of her acting roles with the brow furrowed, chin down, menacing eyes that just drives me nuts. George Clooney did that expression a lot in his early acting career (but it was more a puppy dog look) and he got called on it enough that he became self-aware and stopped doing it. I would think by now she would know better. Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.
Mike Hanson   01-13-2006, 02:28 PM
I love the Eko backstory.

I think whoever wrote it is probably a big fan of the character "Tuco" in the classic Sergio Leone Spaghetti Western "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly."

Mike
Pages (15):    1 2 3 4 5 15