Pages (2):    1 2
fpw   01-05-2006, 03:50 PM
John Carter Wrote:Parker, a character in novels written by Richard Stark.

...who is Donald Westlake. I've read a fair number of Parker novels (maybe all). They're fun in small doses. Lately he seems to run out of plot before the book is finished.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
John Carter   01-05-2006, 07:56 PM
I don't know if I've read them all, but I've read most of them. The plots have been running a little thin over the last few.

I like the early ones the best. I think what I like most are the cars. He's always driving Dodges, Buicks, Mercurys, DeSotos, Oldsmobiles. Even a Packard once in a while. All these companies that used to be great. Some don't even exist anymore.
Kenji   01-06-2006, 09:52 AM
mike36799 Wrote:Your post got me thinking again. Does anyone have anyone that Jack reminds them of?

1, Jack Burton in "Big Trouble in Little China".

"You know what Jack always says... Swell."
This post was last modified: 01-06-2006, 10:15 AM by Kenji.
mike36799   01-06-2006, 04:04 PM
peachynat Wrote:I haven't read the comics (yet), but I did see the movie and did notice some similarities between him and Jack. Guess I'll have more of an idea of what kind of person he truly is once I read the comics.

Yah, they toned The Punisher's character down a bit in the movie. That's why it is more like RJ's character in my mind.

"I have the key to One-Eyed-Willy."
peachynat   01-06-2006, 05:21 PM
for those interested, they are currently working on Punisher 2.... I will definitely want to see it when it comes out.
jaybird   01-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Now that I have had a chance to read some of the Punisher comics I can see less similarities between J ack and the Punisher. They did seem to tame Frank down to a large degree in the movie. I guess I rushed to judgment before I had reviewed all of the material.

:p A good horror story will keep you up at night
Pages (2):    1 2