Pages (2):    1 2
KRW   12-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I recall this from, God, 1969? Dan Blocker of BONANZA starred in a tv movie called SOMETHING FOR A LONELY MAN. (May have posted about this before.) Seems the town blacksmith is in bad repute because he lead these folks to settle a town, excellent prospects, 'til the railroad passed it by. It's been 36 years since I've seen it for the only time, but he contrives a scheme to salvage an engine from a watery grave. If he does, the railroad will connect the town with the lines... (Just riffing there..it's been so long. But it was =something= like that.) Great line I recall for sure: Dan's character is asked by some kind of big shot, "Are you =insane=, man?" And the blacksmith replies, "Well, sir...opinions kinda divided on that."

Sounds like the book"Bendigo Shafter". Good book! It's an epic novel of the creation of a town in the old west.

KRW
Annice Burdeos   01-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Kenji Wrote:When A Stranger Calls(1980)(TV)

Believe me, if you've never seen this, check it. I assure you'll scream at last sequences. At the last scene, still I remember I screamed and gasped.

Cast:Carol Kane, Charles Durning.

This has been remade and is due to open next month.......
The Mad American   01-05-2006, 01:44 AM
Annice Burdeos Wrote:This has been remade and is due to open next month.......

Saw a preview of this while watching Supernatural on the WB....Couldn't really get a feel for it. Hope they don't doink it up like they have so many other movies.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Pages (2):    1 2