Pages (2):    1 2
Gerald Rice   01-03-2006, 02:31 PM
AsMoral Wrote:If by incredible you mean, "It's incredible how someone who can't sing could land a lead in a musical," then yes, his voice is incredible indeed.

Buy the broadway soundtrack with Michael Crawford as the Phantom, it is an entirely different experience.

I have to agree with Asmoral. There were several changes that rubbed me the wrong way. Changing Raoul and Christine into Americans was annoying for some reason (they did sing with American accents, so I'm assuming). Christine grew up poor, but did you see the HEYUUUUGE mausoleum her father had? 'Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again' was a song she sang to the phantom, not her father- unnecessary change. The swordfight was dumb. The chandelier crashing at the end instead of the middle I disliked, but I did understand it. The only person who really could sing was the woman who played Carlotta. I'm starting to wonder about that Schumacher guy...
Annice Burdeos   01-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Medusa Wrote:We rented the Phantom of the Opera over the weekend. The version with Gerald Butler. Wow! Not only is he good looking but he has an incredible voice. That was a great movie. Of course I have never seen any other version to compare it to.

My mom and I saw this film in the theaters and again on cable and our reaction was the same, Butler seems to be talk singing with no range whatsoever.

Perhaps it is because we heard the original Phantom, Michael Crawford alongside Christine in the person of Sarah Brightman...........
Pages (2):    1 2