RepairmanJack.com Forums
Little Seen Films-tv/films - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Little Seen Films-tv/films (/thread-1392.html)

Pages: 1 2

Little Seen Films-tv/films - RichE - 12-18-2005

Here's my choice to start
FEAR NO EVIL Universal/MCA 1969 TV Film

Universal/MCA produced this exceptional television film for NBC TV in 1969, originally a pilot called "The Bedevilled". An intelligent story (based on a tale by Guy Endore), a cross between a Dennis Wheatley novel and a cerebral KOLCHACK episode, was a critically acclaimed hit.
The film has virtually vanished from the airways today excepy for grainey washed out bootleg video tapes. Too bad, as I saw a pristine 16mm copy from a private collector several years ago (with BROTHERHOOD OF THE BELL).
The film still holds up today. Directed by Paul (MEPHISTO WALTZ) Wendkos.
Cast
Louis Jourdan...David Sorell
Carroll O'Conner...Myles Donovan
Wilfrid Hyde-White...Harry Snowdan
Marsha Hunt...Mrs Varney
Linda Day George...Barbara
Bradford Dillman..Paul Varney
Harry Davis...Wyat
PRODUCTION
Paul Wendkos...Director
Richard Alan Simmons...Screenplay/Producer
William Goldenberg...Music
Andrew J. McIntyre...Cinematographer
Guy Endore...Original Story
Howard E. Johnson...Art Director
Byron Ross Chudrow...Editor
Universal/MCA TV

Bradford Dillman also appeared in "THE MEPHISTO WALTZ", also directed by Paul Wendkos

Wilfrid Hyde-White appeared in another supernatural pilot, released in theatres as "DARK INTRUDER". Also in "CHAMBER OF HORRORS", a pilot originally called "HOUSE OF WAX"

This was Carroll O'Conner's first tv film.

Guy Endore wrote "WEREWOLF OF PARIS"-the basis for Hammer Film's "CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF" starring Oliver Reed.

Little Seen Films-tv/films - Keith the Elder - 12-22-2005

Also around that time, The Norliss Tapes with Roy Thinnes and Angie Dickinson

Little Seen Films-tv/films - fpw - 12-22-2005

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (1973) (TV)

from IMDB:

A neurotic housewife named Sally and her business exec husband move into Sally's family house, a spooky two story Victorian mansion. When Sally starts the redecorating along with her pompous decorator she comes across a locked room in the house. After arguing with the handyman who insists she should leave the room locked, she finally gets the key. But once she opens her father's old study and has the bricks from the fireplace removed, strange things begin to happen. Sally begins to see small creatures everywhere, but no one will believe her. Her husband dismisses her as neurotic and her friend thinks Sally may be loosing her mind. But things take a deadly serious turn when the decorator trips at the top of the stairs and falls to his death. Sally sees a rope lying across the place where he tripped, but when she picks it up to take it, a horrifying little creature pulls it from her grasp. Is she crazy? Or has Sally released demons in the house, demons her father summoned?

I saw this first run and it had me on the edge of my seat. Those little creatures truly creeped me out. Although sometimes these things don't hold up, if you can find it, see it. There aren't many TV movies you remember 3 decades later.

Little Seen Films-tv/films - The Mad American - 12-22-2005

fpw Wrote:Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (1973) (TV)

from IMDB:

A neurotic housewife named Sally and her business exec husband move into Sally's family house, a spooky two story Victorian mansion. When Sally starts the redecorating along with her pompous decorator she comes across a locked room in the house. After arguing with the handyman who insists she should leave the room locked, she finally gets the key. But once she opens her father's old study and has the bricks from the fireplace removed, strange things begin to happen. Sally begins to see small creatures everywhere, but no one will believe her. Her husband dismisses her as neurotic and her friend thinks Sally may be loosing her mind. But things take a deadly serious turn when the decorator trips at the top of the stairs and falls to his death. Sally sees a rope lying across the place where he tripped, but when she picks it up to take it, a horrifying little creature pulls it from her grasp. Is she crazy? Or has Sally released demons in the house, demons her father summoned?

I saw this first run and it had me on the edge of my seat. Those little creatures truly creeped me out. Although sometimes these things don't hold up, if you can find it, see it. There aren't many TV movies you remember 3 decades later.

I remember this movie very well. It scared the crap out of me when I saw it originally. After this movie came up in another string of posts I ordered a DVD of it and while its not the best quality it still held up as a very creepy movie.

Little Seen Films-tv/films - Keith the Elder - 12-22-2005

Dark Intruder with Leslie Neilson and Peter Mark Richman.

Leslie Neilson is this rich guy with nothing better to do than investigate the occult and bizarre occurrances in some turn of the century city. I believe it was a pilot (1960's) for a series like Kolchak or Norliss Tapes or the slightly campy Spectre pilot with Robert Culp and Gig Young (?)

Little Seen Films-tv/films - Tony H - 12-22-2005

fpw Wrote:There aren't many TV movies you remember 3 decades later.

I remember when I was about six years old I saw a movie of the week on one of the networks that scared the bejeezus out of me. It was called "This House Possessed" and was definitely inspired by The Amityville Horror.

I don't recall much of the plot, but this was the .

PLOT DESCRIPTION
This made-for-TV Amityville Horror knock-off ranks among the more interesting titles from a spate of early-1980s haunted-house efforts. The title abode is the sumptuous new residence of recuperating neurotic rock star Gary Stralhorn (Parker Stevenson), who resides there with his young amnesiac nurse Sheila (Lisa Eilbacher). After a conversation with a mysterious woman (Joan Bennett), Sheila becomes increasingly convinced that she's lived in the house before. Soon, people around her begin falling victim to the malevolent spirit in the house, which seems to be protecting Sheila while guarding its own dark secret. The flamboyant death scenes -- quite graphic for television -- involve breathing mirrors that fire dagger-like shards, willful electrical cables, and a boiling hot swimming pool. Things are nicely wrapped up for the enthusiastically creepy climax, but fans of The Haunting won't be too surprised at the outcome. ~ Cavett Binion, All Movie Guide

Little Seen Films-tv/films - Kenji - 12-23-2005

When A Stranger Calls(1980)(TV)

Believe me, if you've never seen this, check it. I assure you'll scream at last sequences. At the last scene, still I remember I screamed and gasped.

Cast:Carol Kane, Charles Durning.

Little Seen Films-tv/films - Tony H - 12-23-2005

Kenji Wrote:When A Stranger Calls(1980)(TV)

Believe me, if you've never seen this, check it. I assure you'll scream at last sequences. At the last scene, still I remember I screamed and gasped.

Cast:Carol Kane, Charles Durning.

That was a made for TV movie? I always assumed it was a theatrical release. "Have you checked the children?"

Little Seen Films-tv/films - Kenji - 12-24-2005

AsMoral Wrote:That was a made for TV movie? I always assumed it was a theatrical release. "Have you checked the children?"

Aw! :eek:

I only just misunderstood. I thought it was TV movie. Because I didn't see it in theater.......so, forget about my post. :o

Little Seen Films-tv/films - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 12-24-2005

I recall this from, God, 1969? Dan Blocker of BONANZA starred in a tv movie called SOMETHING FOR A LONELY MAN. (May have posted about this before.) Seems the town blacksmith is in bad repute because he lead these folks to settle a town, excellent prospects, 'til the railroad passed it by. It's been 36 years since I've seen it for the only time, but he contrives a scheme to salvage an engine from a watery grave. If he does, the railroad will connect the town with the lines... (Just riffing there..it's been so long. But it was =something= like that.) Great line I recall for sure: Dan's character is asked by some kind of big shot, "Are you =insane=, man?" And the blacksmith replies, "Well, sir...opinions kinda divided on that."