Tony H   12-15-2005, 02:46 PM
It could be because I am a cheap ass, or it could be that vampires have never held my interest. (Nosferatu with Max Shreck in the lead role held my gaze.) But I put off reading Midnight Mass as long as possible until I saw it at Kroger with the authors at sea emblem on it. I figured I should just get the damn thing and be done with it. That and it looks great on my bookshelf filled with FPWs work.

So I am reading it now and I am pleasantly shocked at how much I am enjoying it. It's wicked, clever and has enough gore and scares to keep me turning the pages.

I was halfway through the book when a throw away character is introduced with the name of Gene Harrington. It is for the mention of Harrington that this book is now my favorite.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
fpw   12-15-2005, 04:33 PM
Oh, ye, of little faith!

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.