Pages (27):    1 18 19 20 21 22 27   
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-19-2006, 02:41 PM
Marc B. Wrote:I never said I didn't see it. In fact I did.

And who are Mark, Luke, Matthew and John? Never heard of them.

You saw the flick and didn't think it was incredibly powerful? Mercy! BTW, Mark, Matthew, Luke and John were in Ringo's first band. Ringo left them to join John, Paul, and George. No fool, our Ringo! Wink
jimbow8   01-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:BTW, Mark, Matthew, Luke and John were in Ringo's first band. Ringo left them to join John, Paul, and George. No fool, our Ringo! Wink
Oh, was that it?! Sorry for the confusion. And was the "other" John John Entwistle, as I have heard?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-19-2006, 03:04 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Oh, was that it?! Sorry for the confusion. And was the "other" John John Entwistle, as I have heard?

Dadburned right, Jimbo! Shoot, lemme grab me guitar here...Jimbo, you got your sticks in hand? Marc, your bass all tuned up? Yeah? Then let's do it ,boys...Let's rock the fucking walls down! I'll count off...ONE--TWO--ONE--TWO--THREE--F-A-A-A-A-R!!! Big Grin
Maggers   01-19-2006, 03:57 PM
AsMoral Wrote:Maybe it was the dark theater, or maybe his vision was poor...but you did the right thing by not telling him you weren't Jesus.

My word, Tony, I nearly fell off the chair! You have GOT to get your own show.

Do they have Public Access TV in Arkansas? If my brother can have his own long-running TV show on Public Access in NYC (he interviews theatre and movie folks and he's not funny), then surely you can wow the locals with your wit and ... er, eh... wisdom. I'd pay to see it!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   01-19-2006, 04:16 PM
NewYorkjoe Wrote:.... I yam what I yam, because I yam from Manhattan! Any place else, just doesn't equate!
Now I know how people feel when then run into a New Yorker who thinks there is no other place on the planet. I'm a native New Yorker, and unlike yourself and most of my family, I've chosen to live here my entire life. Heaven help me, I hope I don't sound so arrogant when I speak about NY, but I probably do.
Yes, NYC is unique. It's big, it's bold, it's beautiful, it's an in-your-face city like no other. But that doesn't make it better than any other city, town or hamlet, just different.

Thanks for the eye-opener, NYCJoe. Gave me some insight into how I must sound from time to time.

P.S. It's a lot easier to read posts in which you are responding to someone when you use the quote brackets that automatically highlight the quotes to which you are replying. Otherwise it's very confusing to follow the flow of your thoughts.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   01-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Don't quite understand you there. Please help me out. But no, I haven't read the whole thread. Probably should have.

Mike, read this whole thread. It will take you an amazing journey.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Tony H   01-19-2006, 06:18 PM
I was going to quote your previous post, but it would have been a jumbled mess. Let's just agree to disagree. You managed to twist almost every point I made into some bizzaro-world version of it's intent.

In my post I was defending Arkansas by saying they had museums, an arts district, libraries, etc. I was not defending gay people. I don't give a flying fuck about the gay community and I am sorry if I gave you the impression that I did. And I don't have a chip on my shoulder about anything. So nanny-nanny-boo-boo.

Apparently you feel you are smarter than I and who am I to deny you that pleasure? Thank you for the stimulating reply.

Thank you for your valuable lessons on Geography and epic tour of NY's district. And for the record, I have no chip on my shoulder when it comes to arkansas. I am not an Arkansan, never will be.

You obviously have your opinions formed so I wish you well with them.

One thing I can say for certain is that you aren't boring.
This post was last modified: 01-19-2006, 06:31 PM by Tony H.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
KRW   01-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Did you see the flick, Marc? No? Why am I not surprised? And, oh yeah--there was a story. It was adapted from the words of Mark, Luke, Matthew, and John. Maybe you heard of them in your walks around the block.

Actually this movie is based on a very small part of those books Mike. I was kinda shocked he didn't even include the reserection. That would havat least left you with a good feeling, but Mel knows how to generate controversy. Showing it so brutally and in your face left many with their jaws dropped. My friends dragged me to it, probably hoping I would find something in it to return to the flock. I don't know what they expected to see, but it sure shut em up for awhile. Wink They acted as if the guy on screen was actually Jesus and that they had never given it a thought about how he died.

KRW
Marc   01-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Based on the previous discussions in this thread I found this blog funny. Click here to read it.
NewYorkjoe   01-21-2006, 12:04 AM
P.S. It's a lot easier to read posts in which you are responding to someone when you use the quote brackets that automatically highlight the quotes to which you are replying. Otherwise it's very confusing to follow the flow of your thoughts.[/QUOTE]

I'll keep you in mind and try to type slower.
Pages (27):    1 18 19 20 21 22 27